• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I shoot an AR9 pistol with a 5" out to 100 yards(147g subs). It has about a 10-12" drop from a 50 yard zero but holds 3-4" groups from a rest.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For long- ish range with 9mm , relevant zeroing is key . And before the AR-15 Patrol Rifle in 5.56 became dominant , it was discussed quite a bit in the context of 9mm SMG for LE . The goal is/ was to stretch out maxium range without having excessively high impact at mid ranges .

I like to think in context of 25yd sighting in to be 1.5 to 2in high @ at 25 , cross line of sight at +/- 75 , and only cpl inches low @ 100 . If you approach in terms of zeroing at distance , 75yds would be a commonly available round number .

Arbitrarily zeroing @ 100 gives a hefty midrange height of 6 - ish inches .

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    Purchased the MCK Gen2 from CAA when I got my first firearm in '20 (I know it's different from the OP's). It's worked very well with my Glock Gen5 17 and 19X. You can remove the front shroud to use with a suppressor but not with a red dot (I think the Gen3's can). When I was a new to firearms, this helped a lot for shooting longer distance (just 25 yards) and admittedly, it is fun. I've since purchased pistols in 223/556 but I'll still bring this out for the wife or for someone that's new and wants to get in to protecting themselves with firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom