• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Anybody here tried one of these yet?
    Youtube vids look pretty cool, basically making a carry gun into a PCC in 10 second.
    It seems to me like making the chassis to fit a FN5.7 or the new Ruger 5.7 would be an awesome idea. A super flat shooting cartridge, and a stabilizing platform with optics... Like a P90 SBR, but w/o the NFA bs.

Attachments

• Micro-Roni-Stab-Gen-4-2019-YRSInc-CAA-Industries-Side-View-Stock-Closed.jpg
      Micro-Roni-Stab-Gen-4-2019-YRSInc-CAA-Industries-Side-View-Stock-Closed.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 807
    • micrroni.jpg
      micrroni.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 800

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Anybody here tried one of these yet?
    Youtube vids look pretty cool, basically making a carry gun into a PCC in 10 second.
    It seems to me like making the chassis to fit a FN5.7 or the new Ruger 5.7 would be an awesome idea. A super flat shooting cartridge, and a stabilizing platform with optics... Like a P90 SBR, but w/o the NFA bs.

I own both of the models in this picture as well as the older 16" barreled one. They are all great, function well, and hold zero even removing the pistol from the chassis. Not sure what was wrong with your buddy's pistol at the range, but the chassis's didn't induce jams in the ~3,000 rounds I've put through mine. They are so easy to shoot its almost boring, and accurate too.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There was a guy in my squad shooting steel today at AGC and it was a complete jam-o-matic.

He definitely fought a lot with that thing. Realized half way through that 90% of that went away with a much harder shouldering of the rig ... in cold weather with layers and a coat, and the added mass taking away the normal recoil, it's tempting to just pick it up and shoot it. But it's very easy to create the equivalent of limp-wristing the free-standing pistol. Once he gave the rig a harder backstop by pulling it in harder to his shoulder, it behaved much better.

That said, he tried my CZ Scorpion Micro and he's currently stashing away some cash to go that route, and never look back. The only virtue to his Roni rig is that - as a cop - he can USE HIS DUTY WEAPON IN IT. For lots of secret sauce reasons known to cops, that has important ramifications if he has to actually put a hole in somebody. But for match shooting? The thing really does seem too fiddly by far.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    One thing I should have asked is: what kind of hoops do I have to jump through to get one in Md? Can I simply order it?

Don't see why not. It's not a bump stock or trigger-maker-shooter-faster device, and it doesn't change the categorization of the pistol you stick it in. It might as well be a watermelon or a lady's purse from the MSP's point of view. They're on the tables at gun shows right next to mags, hats, and beef jerky - cash and carry.

BugLaden

Mar 8, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Just asked an question to an online vendor. Here's what his reply was:

You: HI, does the Springfield kit fit an XD40? Also, do I have to do anything special to purchase this for Maryland?
    John: Our new springfield kit will be out in 4-6 weeks. It is the MCK not the Roni
    John: You do not want the roni it is an NFA item and requires a tax stamp.
    You: Will the MCK require a stamp?
    John: The MCK does not as it comes with a stabilizer brace.
    You: gotcha. ok
    You: thank you
    John: Hang on tight for another 6 weeks and you'll be in love

So this dredges up more questions. According to this site:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/which-firearms-are-regulated-under-nfa

"A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length"

So voila, the pistol becomes a rifle I guess? Maybe because you have to put a barrel extension on. Does a "stabilizer brace" not need a barrel extension then?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    As if i needed a new project i just bought one of these dummies to tinker with.

I got 4 rifles that need a sight in. A Deer rifle I’m fighting feeding issues with, and now a jam o matic Glock added to my list lol.

Okay time to settle down.

I’ve actually shot the original one suppressed and it was a nightmare. Why do i do these things?

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    Just asked an question to an online vendor. Here's what his reply was:

So this dredges up more questions. According to this site:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/which-firearms-are-regulated-under-nfa

So voila, the pistol becomes a rifle I guess? Maybe because you have to put a barrel extension on. Does a "stabilizer brace" not need a barrel extension then?

Correct, a stabilizer brace is not a stock (as of today, at least) so no need for a 16" barrel.

I have one for my G19, that a friend gave me as a retirement present. I have never had any issues with jamming, ftf/fte, etc.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Correct, a stabilizer brace is not a stock (as of today, at least) so no need for a 16" barrel.

I have one for my G19, that a friend gave me as a retirement present. I have never had any issues with jamming, ftf/fte, etc.

Is yours a gen 2 or 1?

I found the one to be a POS especially suppressed but figure i could tinker the issues away

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Welp i joined that “This is stupid but kinda cool club today”

Wouldn’t cycle with my super long compensated barrel but after going back to a regular Glock barrel she cycled the snap caps. Magpul BUIS enroute. This thing is so dumb lol

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Welp i joined that “This is stupid but kinda cool club today”

Wouldn’t cycle with my super long compensated barrel but after going back to a regular Glock barrel she cycled the snap caps. Magpul BUIS enroute. This thing is so dumb lol

So... is it fun enough that you'd recommend someone buying one? What type of distances are you hitting? I'm worried that 9mm doesn't have the velocity to reach out 75 or 100 yards with accuracy...

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    So... is it fun enough that you'd recommend someone buying one? What type of distances are you hitting? I'm worried that 9mm doesn't have the velocity to reach out 75 or 100 yards with accuracy...

Spoon, I used to shoot my Keltec Sub2000 at the 100yd range at AGC. I was banging steel every shot with 9mm. That barrel is longer tho...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Spoon, I used to shoot my Keltec Sub2000 at the 100yd range at AGC. I was banging steel every shot with 9mm. That barrel is longer tho...

I had my little CZ Scorpion Micro (what does that have ... a five inch barrel?) out on a range hitting a six inch hanging steel gong at a paced-off 55 yards. Shooting fast with a UH-1 optic. I’ll have to push that another twenty yards as a test, but I was pleasantly surprised how dead on and consistent it was.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    May or may not have bought a couple of these when they were Buy One Get One Free.

What I will say is the fit is tight to get the handgun (Glock Gen 4) in there and it needs to go in in a very specific way for it to seat properly. Ergonomically it seems fine just need to take it out to the range.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , 9mm has a useful trajectory out to 100- ish yards . Accuracy depends upon the accuracy of the base pistol . How well does ( pistol in question ) group @ 25yds from rest/ braced position now ? Rough guesstimate , multiply that by 3 or 4 .

The real question to ask yourself is between this , and Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Unit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom