• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 8, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Just got my permit in the mail. I figured out most of my questions by looking through the regs but one still hasn't been answered.

Can I conceal carry my firearm while driving my car. I'm not transporting it, I'm carrying it. Transporting require the firearm be locked and stored separate from where the ammo stored while transporting.

So I don't think I have to unload, run a cable through the chamber and lock it up every time I get in my car. Am I wrong?

Also I think its a matter of preference but its there anything prohibiting me from conceal carrying with one in the chamber?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just got my permit in the mail. I figured out most of my questions by looking through the regs but one still hasn't been answered.

Can I conceal carry my firearm while driving my car. I'm not transporting it, I'm carrying it. Transporting require the firearm be locked and stored separate from where the ammo stored while transporting.

So I don't think I have to unload, run a cable through the chamber and lock it up every time I get in my car. Am I wrong?

Also I think its a matter of preference but its there anything prohibiting me from conceal carrying with one in the chamber?

If carrying per your restrictions.

You can carry with one in the chamber, cocked and unlocked if you like..

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Congratulations, but your post is going to make my head explode. :sad20:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I was waiting for that. :D

sorry :/

Get's a permit, doesn't know how to use it...
    probably business owner, they are speshul.

Probably, but I was wondering more how he managed to get through a 8 hour minimum, maybe 16 hour course, apply, get approved and still have these questions.

Feb 8, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    My justification was Service member citing ISIS/ISIL threats, official notification of my SF 86 information was apart of the OPM hack.

At first it was denied but I appealed for a Informal Command Review. The F/S and my investigator were very professional. Our conversation was great and everyone understood each other. I can't imagine the backlog and everything they are doing to operate the licensing department. So my hats off to the department.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My justification was Service member citing ISIS/ISIL threats, official notification of my SF 86 information was apart of the OPM hack.

At first it was denied but I appealed for a Informal Command Review. The F/S and my investigator were very professional. Our conversation was great and everyone understood each other. I can't imagine the backlog and everything they are doing to operate the licensing department. So my hats off to the department.

That officially makes one of us, speaking for the entire forum.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you're not carrying with one in the chamber, don't bother carrying at all.

I'm starting to wonder if he got an HQL and thinks it's a CCW.........

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If you're not carrying with one in the chamber, don't bother carrying at all.

I'm starting to wonder if he got an HQL and thinks it's a CCW.........

nah, he covered it. Now Im wondering how people are ending up @ HPRB when the OP seemed to have been able to easily get aproved based on the isis/opm stuff after just a review with MSP :shrug:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Damn, you get an unrestricted? You are good to go. Seriously though, if the hammer is back, use the safety.

Feb 8, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'm exempt from the training being military. Not a business owner, I open carry while on duty, so I just wanted clarification thats all, we all know how words can be twisted

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

So, if I understand this correctly, your appeal with MSP is what got you the permit. Not having to go before the formal HPRB, correct?

Either way, congratulations. Carry is carry and assuming that you have an unrestricted permit, you're good to go while in vehicle as long as you mind the time/place/manner restrictions of the law. Transport would come into play when you decide to leave MD for another state where you may not have a permit to carry. Make sure you understand those laws very well.

Again, congratulations on your success. Carry wisely, my friend.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Has any civilian gotten approved using the same threat? I managed to get caught in both breaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom