• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Prior to the sale of my shotgun I asked for a copy of the person's driver's license and offered mine in return. I then did a MD case search (to make sure they were not disqualified). I also checked the person's address against the MD real property database to verify where they resided (their name matched the property records). Everything checked out, so I offered to meet them at my range as my guest so that they could test fire the weapon. They didn't want to, so we agreed to meet in the parking lot near a best buy. They looked at the shotgun, accepted it, paid cash, and the deal was done. They had a record of me. I had a record of them. They could have run the same checks on me to see that I was a legitimate seller. Everything was above board and no nics checks were required.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Pay a $10 or so range few and do it indoors at a place like freestate (assuming you aren't a member). Have yet to see anyone dumb enough to try and rip someone off inside a gun range... (I'm sure that stupidity exists somewhere, I just haven't seen it myself yet). Might make a new shooting buddy, you never know!

That's actually a really good idea. Don't even really need to pay the range fee. You can just do it in the showroom. They have tables, chairs, etc. Plus the fee is $18, not $10 ;)

I can see how some people are extra cautious with complete strangers. Case search, Bill of sale, blah, blah. I've only bought and sold with established members of this forum and all that's ever been required as a buyer or seller was a simple flash of a MD license :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom