DNR's New Mobile App for Outdoor Enthusiasts!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AccessDNR

Mar 18, 2014
    Attention all park-goers, hunters, anglers, boaters ─ anyone seeking outside adventure in Maryland: Warmer weather is right around the corner and if you live in and enjoy traveling to or around Maryland then you need to download the FREE mobile phone app, AccessDNR (Here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acc...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4%22%20target%3D%22itunes_store) to get the most out of the State’s outdoors this year! Developed by The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the electronic government facilitator NIC, Marylanders citizens and visitors can now:
    - find the closest State Park,
    - look up the times of sunrise and sunset,
    - and even know the tide schedule for a fishing trip—
    it’s all right at your fingertips with AccessDNR. You can even use it to:
    - identify fish and shellfish,
    - double check fishing and boating regulation guides,
    - personalize hunting and fishing catches by recording pictures in a “Trophy Case” to keep track of your successes, and even link them to social media like Twitter and /or Facebook to show family and friends!
    Apple users, all you need to do to download is visit the App Store to the ball rolling on making the most of your outdoor experience this summer and all year round!
    To get full disclosure on the AccessDNR mobile app, check out the official press release here: http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2014/03/10/love-marylands-outdoors-theres-an-app-for-that-2/

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    NOTE: The app wants your location service to be turned on.. It will not work with the location service off :tdown:

That is enough reason right there not to get this... There is absolutely no reason they should require location service... They will try to play it off as part of the feaures to provide tide charts and sunrise sunset crap This is total BS... :tdown::tdown:

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I guess this is a stupid question about location service but, how could it give you directions to the nearest park if it didn't know where you were at?

Don't get me wrong I don't have it don't want it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I guess this is a stupid question about location service but, how could it give you directions to the nearest park if it didn't know where you were at?

Possibly one is astute enough to know their own location, and want to identify a species of fish or some hunting law (unrelated to location).

The app will not allow you to get past it's whining about how it needs the location service enabled.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area

Don't get me wrong I don't have it don't want it.

Not a stupid question at all - and you are exactly right... I don't know enough about the app to really speak about it, and should have "kept my mouth shut"...

That said, I won't be loading it as I prefer to not have apps that require location services switched on for required use, especially ones that are owned and deployed by any Maryland state agency...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Possibly one is astute enough to know their own location, and want to identify a species of fish or some hunting law (unrelated to location).

The app will not allow you to get past it's whining about how it needs the location service enabled.

So they can track you!! Lol

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    that's one way to gps track without a warrant.

the other way is to just do it illegally, like previously.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You guys could do a lot of constructive things with all that tinfoil, although hats are fun!

Not tinfoil at all.

• Why do I need to transmit my location to lookup sunrise and sunet times? Maryland is not that big, the difference is only by a couple of minutes if that.
    • Why do I have to have to transmit my location to look up a regulation?
    • Why do I have to have to transmit my location to identify a fish?

The app will not function when the location service is disabled. It needs to be fixed to ignore the location service when it is disabled.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Not tinfoil at all.

• Why do I need to transmit my location to lookup sunrise and sunet times? Maryland is not that big, the difference is only by a couple of minutes if that.
    • Why do I have to have to transmit my location to look up a regulation?
    • Why do I have to have to transmit my location to identify a fish?

The app will not function when the location service is disabled. It needs to be fixed to ignore the location service when it is disabled.

Ding ding ding..

Winner winner. Chicken dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom