• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    After seeing Tim post the photos of a well stocked shop, I decided to ride up and check out the inventory. One thing I noticed that really stood out was not all the well stocked shelves to include Hellcats, Glock 43x, Glock 48, great selection of Long guns and high end CZ's and 1911's.
    The thing I noticed was the Service. While the store was very busy, Tim had time to come over and talk and provide info on NFA which was appreciated. But I could not help but notice one of Tim's employees that spent 30 minutes helping an elderly lady who had what appeared to be her 2 Grandchildren with her.
    What stood out was not only the obvious situation where folks were buying their first handgun at a later age, but that this man was taking the time to explain proper grip, the difference between hammer fired and striker trigger pulls and safety mechanism choices. Helping someone by going above and beyond is something you just don't see often in todays world.
    Kudos to Hafers guns for the way the shop is run and their Service. Between the inventory and the friendly service it is a great LGS, not to mention the great priced 43X.:rolleyes:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I saw those same photos, and having never been in that particular shop, I had that same thought to maybe one day soon take a road trip.

So far, I have resisted that thought. So far, my wallet thanks me, but my curiousity isn't satisfied.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    It's a nice ride even if it's only to browse and talk to nice folks. Lots of ammo and accessories in stock as well. Tim has built quite a shop from the humble beginnings in the General Store Basement.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Stopped at Hafer's once on my way from the flatlands here on the Eastern Shore to the not-flatlands of Hooliganville in western MD for a shoot. One of several highlights from that trip. The staff was extremely helpful and personable. The shop's inventory was beyond anything I've ever seen in one shop before. Tim even asked me at one point if anybody had helped me yet. I answered several had. Bought some ammo, as you just have to buy something to commemorate the experience. I am glad/not glad they are not closer to me. Great shop!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have never been to Hafer's but it seems like I must stop by there one of these days. One of my sisters likes to shop at the Hagerstown outlet mall when she comes to visit, so maybe I can drop her off at the outlet mall and make my way up to Hafer's. She'll be happy and so will I!

Kudos to Hafer's for taking the time to explain all the options to first time buyes. I remember how confusing all the choices felt to me just a few years ago when I bought my first firearm.

Cal68

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I saw those same photos, and having never been in that particular shop, I had that same thought to maybe one day soon take a road trip.

So far, I have resisted that thought. So far, my wallet thanks me, but my curiousity isn't satisfied.

You need to go there and satisfy your curiosity :thumbsup:

Tim has a good shop, and I will continue to be a customer.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I went in last Wednesday and was impressed with the service and selection. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and great to talk to. I will be going back next Wednesday to pick up my latest 2 that are in purgatory, and will probably also be picking up a shotgun if they still have it. Thanks to the staff for a great experience and see you Wednesday.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I just stopped there yesterday and man you walk in the door a instantly forget your in the People’s Republic of Maryland! They had what I was looking for so we didn’t stick around long but it will be a stop we make every time we leave the flatlands and head west!

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    Reviving this thread to give Hafer's a thumb's up. I exchanged a few emails with Andy in an attempt to figure out how best to mount a scope on my military Mauser.
    I finally had some time on Tuesday to make the drive (more than an hour away) and immediately liked the atmosphere in the shop. Helpful & pleasant employees, and shelves fully stocked with everything imaginable.
    Andy took the time to discuss a few options with me and I left the gun with him for the necessary machining. Unfortunately I was short on time, otherwise i would have picked his brain on ARs.

Andreas

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Reviving this thread to give Hafer's a thumb's up. I exchanged a few emails with Andy in an attempt to figure out how best to mount a scope on my military Mauser. I finally had some time on Tuesday to make the drive (more than an hour away) and immediately liked the atmosphere in the shop. Helpful & pleasant employees, and shelves fully stocked with everything imaginable.
    Andy took the time to discuss a few options with me and I left the gun with him for the necessary machining. Unfortunately I was short on time, otherwise i would have picked his brain on ARs.

Andreas

I have never left Hafers disappointed with my experience in the shop-- all around great LGS.

410scotts

Mar 2, 2021
    Columbia, MD
    Reviving this thread to give Hafer's a thumb's up. I exchanged a few emails with Andy in an attempt to figure out how best to mount a scope on my military Mauser.
    I finally had some time on Tuesday to make the drive (more than an hour away) and immediately liked the atmosphere in the shop. Helpful & pleasant employees, and shelves fully stocked with everything imaginable.

Andreas

How was the inventory of handguns? Started looking for a 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom