• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Kennyd said .

It is so simple that even I ( legandary computer illiterate Luddite ) make my habit every time I return to MDS , the first thing I do is click on My Posts and see which threads to which I've posted , and see which have new posts .

If I cared enough to make a constructive post , I'll probably care enough to follow the discussion .

Or if the thread subsequently derailed , ignore it .

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    On another forum I participate on (which also uses the same V bulletin software) there is a "my threads" button on the top bar, I wouldnt mind something like that here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It seems like when I first joined this forum back in '14, I used to get notices on my phone(?) telling me "So and so just quoted your post in yada yada yada..." I'm not sure what version I was running at that time. It used to make me feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk".

"The new phone books are here! I'm finally somebody!"

Look hon, somebody quoted me today! :)

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    Either I failed at articulating my initial question or some people just like giving unwarranted advice on how I like to keep track of certain threads. I simply asked if the functionality I was used to with vbulletin existed or not. We’ve established it doesn’t, which is fine. Hence the case closed remark earlier in the thread. But hey, if you feel so inclined, keep the posts coming about how I prefer to navigate forums should line up with how you prefer it, and I’ll demonstrate how I like to check out from certain threads. Hint for the simple - this thread.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    @ 135SOHC , it does ! Albeit not on the top bar .

Click on yourself , click on Statistics , and choices include threads you started., and threads you've posted .

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Either I failed at articulating my initial question or some people just like giving unwarranted advice on how I like to keep track of certain threads. I simply asked if the functionality I was used to with vbulletin existed or not. We’ve established it doesn’t, which is fine. Hence the case closed remark earlier in the thread. But hey, if you feel so inclined, keep the posts coming about how I prefer to navigate forums should line up with how you prefer it, and I’ll demonstrate how I like to check out from certain threads. Hint for the simple - this thread.

I cannot add anything specific regarding how track replies on the website. I use my the Tapatalk app on my phone mostly. One of the absolute best features of the app is that you get notifications anytime someone quotes or replies to your posts.

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    I cannot add anything specific regarding how track replies on the website. I use my the Tapatalk app on my phone mostly. One of the absolute best features of the app is that you get notifications anytime someone quotes or replies to your posts.

Thanks, that’s an awesome tip. I’ve heard of others talk about Tapatalk but never checked it out. Will download it now and give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom