• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    I have had an order in for a rifle build since September 10th 2020. I know that they are extremely busy, but I am way past the 20-week build time that they quoted me.

I want the job done right, so I really don't want to bug them. However, I am wondering if anyone at MDshooters has an idea of the current time frame.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    If you haven't followed up with them since September 2020... I think it'd be reasonable to call and get an update. It has been six months after all!

That's long enough I'd be concerned my order was misplaced or something.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    It seems to me it's incumbent on them to notify the customer of any serious delays in the order. The customer shouldn't have to be the one making contact to find out the status of the order.

Exactly. Windham Weaponry called me and told me about back order. Didn't charge my credit card. They then called me after few weeks and asked if I would like to purchase it since they have it in stock and need credit card number to process. That's how America used to do business. Now, you can't call...just send email and hope they will answer email.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    The owner of Fulton Armory, Clint McKee passed away March 12th, it was on 2A Sales Facebook page, they might be having some adjusting issues right now.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    What did you order? M1, AR ? Even though Clint passed away on March 12, your order should have been completed before that. Call them.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    I have had an order in for a rifle build since September 10th 2020. I know that they are extremely busy, but I am way past the 20-week build time that they quoted me.

I want the job done right, so I really don't want to bug them. However, I am wondering if anyone at MDshooters has an idea of the current time frame.

I'm waiting on an order too, 11/25 was my order date.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Call them. That’s what I did when I was waiting on my build from the receiver I purchased before Oct 2013 and waited 6 years to have built by them. But mine went into a JAE chassis and is a great shooter....

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Did Clint work by himself with a few assistants? Did he have any family member working for the company? It is like a mystery to me. Anyone has Clint's biography somewhere?

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    Ordered M1 carbine service rifle. Criterion chrome molly threaded 16.25" match quality barrel. NM trigger modification. Type 2 barrel band w/o bayonet lug.

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    Oh, the threaded barrel comes with flash suppressor. Ordered September 10th 2020.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Clint passed? Wow - I bought my first two ARs from him almost 20 years ago. Back then you could go to the factory and pick up the rifle direct.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Did Clint work by himself with a few assistants? Did he have any family member working for the company? It is like a mystery to me. Anyone has Clint's biography somewhere?

There were a few guys building them last time I know of. I had to straighten their builder out on how to properly install AR triggers. The springs are supposed to go in one way and that is not upside down.:innocent0

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    Glad I already have my order in since September 10th 2020. Was checking Fulton's website today and saw the following message. It must have gone up in the last couple of days:

"Due to extended backlogs and parts shortage, we have decided to stop taking new orders for several of our Rifles and Carbines. This is a temporary status we must take while we focus on filling existing orders while maintaining the quality that's expected of us.

We hope to offer these models again in the near future. Please visit our website and Facebook Page for updates as we navigate through these unusual times.

We sincerely thank everyone for the continued support and understanding."

The Fulton Armory Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom