• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    What are you all using for broad head targets? My daughters target won't give the arrow back if you shoot it. $60 - $100 for layers foam and wrapped seems like robbery to me. I bought two much bags and it worked some but started falling apart and not working where it hit before.

Anyone use a DIY target? It gun and muzzle season soon, but I would like to figure out what to do. My broadheads did not fly close to my target points.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Maybe I'll just shoot them in my pistol dirt backstop. I doubt they will penetrate the top soil as far as the 9mm bullets did. $130, it obvious you don't know how cheap I am. ;)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Maybe I'll just shoot them in my pistol dirt backstop. I doubt they will penetrate the top soil as far as the 9mm bullets did. $130, it obvious you don't know how cheap I am. ;)

:lol2: if its a sand trap Id say its ok...just have to worry about hitting a rock and cracking the bolt...I wouldnt want to shoot a cracked bolt...

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I used to use cardboard suspended on the target face with two pieces of stiff wire.
    Once that got shot to pieces I started using a rubber high voltage blanket which will absorb many hits. Cut it to fit with a pair of large scissors and you can go back to straw or excelsior bales. If I was close I could hook you up. We get a ton of rejects from the test cycle. The failure rate is 75% for Six month interval. Ask someone nearby you to get you some reject blankets when you see a line crew working. Or if you come through the shore let me know Ill grab some.
    http://www.highvoltagesupplies.com/store/product/class-4-insulating-blanket-1234.cfm

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I have a 20 yard dirt mount trap out back for the wife to practice with the 9MM. I have steel target so more bullets disintegrate. I have a broadhead resharpener so might just use paper/beer box in front of it.

Might also build a 40 yard sand trap in the yard for it and longer shots. I'm not interested in a $100+ target that cut up and I can't use a 22 on. The sand will handle everything and can be sifted I but too much lead in it. Plus I can re-purpose that lead into BP round balls. ;)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I have a 20 yard dirt mount trap out back for the wife to practice with the 9MM. I have steel target so more bullets disintegrate. I have a broadhead resharpener so might just use paper/beer box in front of it.

Might also build a 40 yard sand trap in the yard for it and longer shots. I'm not interested in a $100+ target that cut up and I can't use a 22 on. The sand will handle everything and can be sifted I but too much lead in it. Plus I can re-purpose that lead into BP round balls. ;)

Sounds good! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom