PT111 G2 availability...and mag mod-ability?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    I've been looking for a devil-may-care 9mm for backwoods hikes. One I can "afford" to ride hard and put up wet so-to-speak. The Taurus Millenium PT111 G2 looks to fit the bill perfectly while receiving overwhelmingly decent reviews.

My hope is for a stainless in 9mm with the Gestapo restraints of 10+1. Has anyone seen this combo? Seems even the 10+1 blued are difficult to source, but not impossible, while 12+1's are readily available.

As an aside, can the factory 10rd mags be modded to 12?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The pistol is in extremely high demand due to the price point vs. the performance that you mentioned. It is being imported but they are going like .22 ammo off the shelves. Make friends with a good dealer would be my best advice.

I have the same gun in .40 and it is on a par with any polymer pistol I have ever owned. And I have owned many.

No the factory ten rounders cannot realistically be modded to 12, but you are allowed to buy 12 rounders out of state and bring them back.

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    Much appreciate the reply zoostation!

As per my research you're definitely not alone in the sentiment that, as a multi poly owner, you find this to be comparable to some of the best.

Yeah, I really should have said the 12+1's are readily advertised, not necessarily available. I'm still not sure if I really saw a 9mm 10+1 in stainless since I can't seem to duplicate that find.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I just picked up my PT111 yesterday from my FFL. I love the way this gun fits in my hand and can't wait to shoot it.

Last edited:

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I don't know if Taurus makes a 10 round magazine for it. But I have had 12 rounders delivered to Maryland direct from Taurus....if they are in stock.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I don't know if Taurus makes a 10 round magazine for it. But I have had 12 rounders delivered to Maryland direct from Taurus....if they are in stock.

Unless one is exempt... That is a NO CAN DO...

NOTHING ">10 rounds" can be delivered into Maryland without the exemption.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Time for me to tell my story again. I ordered a PT140 G2 from Taurus and when it arrived... no mags!? WTF? I asked and the FFL said that no mags with over 10rd capacity. I said that the gun is listed as 10+1. 10 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. I called Impact guns and their Customer service said the gun is advertised as 11 rds..:banghead: Long story short, I had to get Taurus to send me document telling Impact Guns that "We don't make an 11 round mag in .40S&W. Second call to Impact Guns found me on the phone with a nice young lady who said that she didn't know who I talked to earlier, but that they were wrong, wrong, wrong. The PT140 G2 comes with a 10 rd magazine and she should know because she carries a PT140 G2. Outcome? Sent me two 10rd mags overnight priority and Boy Howdy, I had them the next day.:party29:

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    Yikes! Put this post on the back burner and missed conversations. Thanks for the replies!

I can update with some lightly distressing news -- Looks like a 9mm PT111 may likely be a no-go for me. I must have either been looking at a PT140 ad stating 10+1 or a misprinted PT111 ad providing impression the latter could be cleanly bought in MD. A quick call to Taurus just moments ago had the rep explaining to me they've had issues with customers buying the PT111 from the state of MD and asking for adjustments. He also advised to simply ask the FFL to pin the mag prior to transfer.

Now, two things for me to chew on -- Firstly, MD does list the PT111 Millenium G2 9mm on the roster. From what I was told the Mill G2 9mm has never been offered in a 10/rd compliant configuration so am I misreading something? Secondly, I have yet to find an FFL willing to pin (checked only those with reasonable transfer pricing).

I really want one of the knock-around pistols but short of a straw purchase (:tdown:) it looks like it's not meant to be. Has any Marylander actually bought a PT111?

Jihanjj

Jan 20, 2018
    Pt111 g2

The above post the g2 is listed on the roster. Listed as what? Banned? Called state police in Pikesville. Says the gun can be bought. Went to continental range in Timonium. They have the gun for sale. Tag says pending. Only gun that has this tag in the showcase confused. Very mixed signals. Help

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I think I purchased mine without the mags, then went to Virginia and purchased five 12 rounders. The PT111 G2 is a great little gun.

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    The above post the g2 is listed on the roster. Listed as what? Banned? Called state police in Pikesville. Says the gun can be bought. Went to continental range in Timonium. They have the gun for sale. Tag says pending. Only gun that has this tag in the showcase confused. Very mixed signals. Help
    I'm really not sure what the current skinny is on this but I did acquire a PT111 and it cleared the FFL transfer. What I can tell you is that I did also have to get it without mags. Then I simply had to go out of state to get mags. :innocent0

Btw, amazing little handgun especially after doing a little trigger work. I'm itching to getting another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom