• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I'm thinking about switching from my turret press over to the Lee Auto Breech Lock press. Seems like a logical move since I've got the powder drum, dies, and primer dispenser. I don't load a whole lot but going from about 50 rounds an hour to 3-400 is appealing. Anyone got this press and if so how do you like it?

I'm thinking about switching from my turret press over to the Lee Auto Breech Lock press. Seems like a logical move since I've got the powder drum, dies, and primer dispenser. I don't load a whole lot but going from about 50 rounds an hour to 3-400 is appealing. Anyone got this press and if so how do you like it?

I have one. I gave up on priming on the press and hand prime all of my loads. Other than that, it is great. I can do ~350rph for rifle and ~400rph for pistol.
    Get yourself some lock ring eliminators if you're doing multiple calibers. I found fine manually tuning the dies to be a major PITA.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Trouble setting up the press

I'm having a problem setting the depth of the dies. The final crimp die seems like it is too short to reach the shell holder. The decapper die is screwed all the way in too. I'm using Lee dies. The pictures on the instruction sheet show lots of threads left above the locking nut and not screwed down as far as mine are. Any ideas?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Found out the lock ring eliminator was preventing the FCD from screwing all the way in so I switched it to one of the other dies and that problem is solved. Also found out that my safety primer from the turret press does not work on the new press and Lee recommends the newest version of their safety primer for the Auto Breach Lock press.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Two single stages for me; Rock Chucker II and a Lee Classic Cast Breech Lock. Both presses work well, and I like the ability to quick change dies on the Lee. My primary press is a Dillon 550, and it can produce some ammunition once I get into a rhythm. I rarely ever prime or deprime on a press. I use a Harvey deprimer before cleaning cases and a RCBS universal hand primer. I like to store most of my primed/prepped brass as it is very easy to reload only needing powder, bullet, and crimp.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I think I've finally gotten the kinks worked out of this press. Lee sent me a new disconnector so the powder dispenser is working fine and I added the case dispenser which is really a nice feature. It is just a matter of taking your time and paying attention and this press will do a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_194742.jpg
      IMG_20190819_194742.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads