• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    And does anyone carry one?

Just thinking W&C + ARpistol = car/truck gun?

I'd have to hash out storage/mounting options but...

it WOULD give me a reason to do a 10.5 as a first build.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Maryland's statutes are silent on the particular nature of the pistol you can carry if you've got a W&C permit. Likewise silent on mag capacity. Your main issue is indeed to not be seen brandishing as you maneuver it in your vehicle or otherwise handle it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Know a few PA folk that do. "Handguns"+LTCF are able to be carried most everywhere, kept loaded in your car, ETC. Rifles are a different story, lots of hunting regs you can tun afoul even when that rifle was never intended to be used for hunting. Braced AR's are legally "pistols". I could see the value of one, but between the risk of theft, and the impracticality of carrying it outside of the car, I just stick to more traditional subcompact pistols for CCW.

Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to have a firearm of any kind in or on or against any conveyance propelled by mechanical power or its attachments at any time whether or not the vehicle or its attachment is in motion unless the firearm is unloaded.
    exception:
    A person carrying a loaded pistol or revolver when in possession of a valid firearms license.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    And does anyone carry one?

Just thinking W&C + ARpistol = car/truck gun?

I'd have to hash out storage/mounting options but...

it WOULD give me a reason to do a 10.5 as a first build.

Sling a pair of them, one on each side, in shoulder holsters or thigh holsters under your trenchcoat like in the matrix.

It may not be the most comfortable setup during the summer months, but so long as you don't print, you should be good.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    For summer a Glock 43, for winter...

Attachments

• 3B79F6BD-C36D-4B34-98CB-DB9C997D5E57.jpg
      3B79F6BD-C36D-4B34-98CB-DB9C997D5E57.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 617

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Know a few PA folk that do. "Handguns"+LTCF are able to be carried most everywhere, kept loaded in your car, ETC. Rifles are a different story, lots of hunting regs you can tun afoul even when that rifle was never intended to be used for hunting. Braced AR's are legally "pistols". I could see the value of one, but between the risk of theft, and the impracticality of carrying it outside of the car, I just stick to more traditional subcompact pistols for CCW.

With a non-resident carry permit from another state, an AR pistol carried openly would be an option for PA, if I'm not mistaken. A bit awkward, though.

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    Sling a pair of them, one on each side, in shoulder holsters or thigh holsters under your trenchcoat like in the matrix.

It may not be the most comfortable setup during the summer months, but so long as you don't print, you should be good.

dual wield is best wield

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Go home. If serious, and it’s used, it will hurt our cause.

Just curious how far that logic goes. Say someone breaks into my house, can I use my supressed 300blk AR pistol? Or is that too tactical? Should I reach for the SW model 66 so we dont offend our overlords and hurt "the cause"? What exactly is your approved firearms for SD?

A w&c permit is rarer than hens teeth in this state. In the event of discharge, they may not even acknowledge someone other than LEO carries in this state.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just curious how far that logic goes. Say someone breaks into my house, can I use my supressed 300blk AR pistol? Or is that too tactical? Should I reach for the SW model 66 so we dont offend our overlords and hurt "the cause"? What exactly is your approved firearms for SD?

A w&c permit is rarer than hens teeth in this state. In the event of discharge, they may not even acknowledge someone other than LEO carries in this state.

In home is one thing. My in-home rig is not PC. It is, however, in my home. Think about the optics of someone “gunned down” with an “AR-15” in a Starbucks parking lot.

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    In home is one thing. My in-home rig is not PC. It is, however, in my home. Think about the optics of someone “gunned down” with an “AR-15” in a Starbucks parking lot.

Really? "think about the optics?"

This level of "but what if, parking of a starbucks, omg blood in the streets" sounds almost anti-ish.

The reality of it is, "what about the optics" will never be a concern. Why? Because no one is doing any shooting any their life it actually, truly in real danger. IF one arrives at the point that their life is ACTUALLY in mortal danger, then "what if?" "the optics" is so far down the list of concerns as to be nonexistent.

Meanwhile, no one thinks it crazy when a trucker has a shotgun, but if that is reasonable, an ar pistol would be MORE reasonable.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Personally I never would, there is a balance for the average civilian that wants to be able to conceal and not carry an excessive amount of gun/ammo around. I figure with 8-24 I’m good. I could carry my 17” laptop around daily but my phone gets the job done 99% of the time.

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    Personally I never would, there is a balance for the average civilian that wants to be able to conceal and not carry an excessive amount of gun/ammo around. I figure with 8-24 I’m good. I could carry my 17” laptop around daily but my phone gets the job done 99% of the time.

This is realistically the likely answer. I’m more curious about could than would. There are pretty few use cases where I would actually want to carry one. There are conceivable use cases. They’d just be pretty uncommon.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck

Yup. In home is SBS with 00 buck. My shoulder and wrist may be sore, but it’ll do the job. Carry, out of state where I can, definitely something a lot smaller

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    With a non-resident carry permit from another state, an AR pistol carried openly would be an option for PA, if I'm not mistaken. A bit awkward, though.

Would be an option, for PA at least, but then again, as long as it isn't on or in a vehicle, you could carry a rifle. The main advantage that braced "pistols" have in PA is avoiding the draconian hunting regs governing long guns. Generally "handguns" are well protected for those that can lawfully carry, rifles have a lot of legal traps if carried or transported outside the home. I generally avoid bad areas, but having to drive through West Philly to CHOP every so often, I wouldn't mind packing a tiny lawful AR for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom