• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Ok so I just got an email from ATF saying my Form 1 has been Disapproved because:

“PER SECTION 5-101(R)(2), THIS FIREARM HAS BEEN CATEGORIZED AS BANNED AND PER MD. CRIM LAW 4-303, INDIVIDUALS SHOULD NOT TRANSPORT AN ASSAULT WEAPON INTO MD; OR POSSESS, SELL, OFFER TO SELL, TRANSFER, PURCHASE, OR RECEIVE AN ASSAULT WEAPON. REFUND REQUEST HAS BEEN SUBMITTED”

How exactly is a C39V2 SBR banned in Maryland. My C39V2 pistol was bought in Maryland and is on the roster. How is this any different than taking a Draco, drilling a hole in the rear, and adding a stock adapter and stock once a Form 1 comes back approved?

How is this any different than taking any of the number of other rifles that are banned in Maryland but legal in a pistol form and paying to make them a legal SBR?

I guess I will be calling the ATF tomorrow morning when they open.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Ok so I just got an email from ATF saying my Form 1 has been Disapproved because:

“PER SECTION 5-101(R)(2), THIS FIREARM HAS BEEN CATEGORIZED AS BANNED AND PER MD. CRIM LAW 4-303, INDIVIDUALS SHOULD NOT TRANSPORT AN ASSAULT WEAPON INTO MD; OR POSSESS, SELL, OFFER TO SELL, TRANSFER, PURCHASE, OR RECEIVE AN ASSAULT WEAPON. REFUND REQUEST HAS BEEN SUBMITTED”

How exactly is a C39V2 SBR banned in Maryland. My C39V2 pistol was bought in Maryland and is on the roster. How is this any different than taking a Draco, drilling a hole in the rear, and adding a stock adapter and stock once a Form 1 comes back approved?

How is this any different than taking any of the number of other rifles that are banned in Maryland but legal in a pistol form and paying to make them a legal SBR?

What is your OAL? I got the same response on a form20 for a 9mm sbr that was shorter than 29”.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    What is your OAL? I got the same response on a form20 for a 9mm sbr that was shorter than 29”.

OAL is 30.25”. I put 30” on the form because I was worried once assembled it may be slightly shorter by a thread or two with the buffer tube compared to the AR I was using for measurements.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Not enough detail but my instinct is that it is under 29"OAL. SBRs need to comply with the EBR evil feature and OAL test like a rifle.

From the manufacture the pistol is 20.5” and the braced version that I bought is 28.75” with the Shockwave Blade collapsed completely on the buffer tube. I measured against an AR rifle with a standard Magpul MOE stock since that’s what I plan to put on it, it’s definitely not shorter than 29”.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So is the rifle variant of the C39V2 essentially an AK47 clone?

If so, could be no bueno for SBR because the rifle is banned. SBRs are a whole other world of Maryland stupid, combining the stupidity of the handgun and rifle rules.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If so, could be no bueno for SBR because the rifle is banned. SBRs are a whole other world of Maryland stupid, combining the stupidity of the handgun and rifle rules.
    This would be a huge change in how the "copy of assault weapon" law is interpreted, and I think it would be helpful to get some clarification in what exactly is going on. The MSP have traditionally told us that SBRs are never copies of enumerated assault weapons.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    This would be a huge change in how the "copy of assault weapon" law is interpreted, and I think it would be helpful to get some clarification in what exactly is going on. The MSP have traditionally told us that SBRs are never copies of enumerated assault weapons.

Maybe, but is there another possibility?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

MSP says that, but have they told BATF?

And we and MSP know that list is not legally binding, but does BATF realize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom