• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I was looking for a really affordable scope for my beater Mosin so I can shoot at distance better than my poor eyes can accomplish. There is a 3-9x-50 Barska scope for a pretty affordable price. There is a NCStar as well, but I have read they are junk, but I am looking to spend a minimal amount on the Mosin because the higher quality scope will go on the Saiga 308. I think the Barska is made in Russia if I am correct. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.:thumbsup:

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I spent $30 on a $60 Barska scope from Optics Planet..... Do not buy from the Barska website unless you want to pay full retail!!!!!

It is an ok scope, nothing fancy but I only have it on a .22, so no shooting it past 100 yards... My only complaint is if you zero at one magnification and change the power, you'll need to re-zero, but I think that happens to a certain extent with any scope-- the better ones just not as much.....

Made in China!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I spent $30 on a $60 Barska scope from Optics Planet..... Do not buy from the Barska website unless you want to pay full retail!!!!!

It is an ok scope, noting fancy but I only have it on a .22, so no shooting it past 100 yards... My only complaint is if you zero at one magnification and change the power, you'll need to rezero, but I think that happens to a certain extent with any scope-- the better ones just not as much.....

Made in China!!!!!!!!

Try to find one that isn't under $400 now days. Even the ones branded in Japan are made in China and this has been going on for 10 years or more.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Barskas are Chinese products just like the NCStars. The latest generation stuff, I think it's sixth generation, from NCStar is actually pretty good from the couple I have. Still, it's a Mosin so recoil is king. For about the same money you could get a used Weaver K4 or something like that off ebay.

skidmoe77

Aug 6, 2011
    Cumberland
    I had one on a savage 111 30.06. It did great, I put around 800 - 1000 round throw It.
    never broke, It was a good scope for the money. I sold the gun with scope and guy Is stilling using It.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Same here ...

Good for the money you spend on them. Okay accuracy, okay durability, good price.

And you should definately buy them from liquidators/discounters like OpticsPlanet, Natchez or Sportsman's Guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom