• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    11/27 - Local hunters report two coyotes shot just north of Taneytown near the M&D Line. Saw photo of one of them.:thumbsup:
    ROB

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I saw one on our lease in Harford County this morning. Took a crack at him, didn’t connect. Then saw him again, or another one, just before dark. Along Grier Nursery Road. I’ve been on this lease for 7 years, I knew they were around but never seen one. And then today two sightings.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Coyot's & Hunting

11/27 - Local hunters report two coyotes shot just north of Taneytown near the M&D Line. Saw photo of one of them.:thumbsup:
    ROB

I've hunted my/this farm from 1984 to date. Early on it was the great pheasant hunting! Unbelivable really! Nothing for two men and one dog to put up 100+ birds in a couple of hours. Picked!/Not Combined corn fields. Sorgum fields , higher hay fields for cover. Literally in those times critters had food and cover. Now..due to farming practices pheasants got nothing. I haven't bounced a pheasant/rabbit in 20 yrs.

Deer? - Well now they are like pheasants used to be. Way to many to be honest. Excess deer bring in predators/Coyotes!!. Kinda like building a McDonalds in Keymar,Md. Build they will come! ( Keymar??? That might be a stretch!! :] )

Seen some turkeys, come and go, now coyotes. Times change

Rob

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Coyotes are literally everywhere.

A couple of evenings ago I saw a dead animal on the roadside of RT 29 north between the Rt 108 and RT 100 exits. Much too large to be a fox. Grey fur. Definitely not a dog. Coyote? Maybe, but I couldn't go back to check.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Saw my first live coyote about a month ago just East of Frederick. I saw a roadkill coyote in the 340 median about ten years ago, was going to pick it up and skin it when I came back through, but someone else grabbed it.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    Ahh, cougars! I get hit on by Cougars in Wal-Mart. Seriously. And they all seem to have bare midriffs and really really really ugly tattoos, the kind that would be OK on a guy in the U.S. Navy but very strange to see on a woman. I mean, would you want to be involved with a woman who has a battleship tattooed on her topside? Seriously. I don't mind an attractive, artistic tatt on a woman, but a remake of Sodom and Gomarrah? Scary.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I saw one on our lease in Harford County this morning. Took a crack at him, didn’t connect. Then saw him again, or another one, just before dark. Along Grier Nursery Road. I’ve been on this lease for 7 years, I knew they were around but never seen one. And then today two sightings.

You get one and don't want it, I'll take it.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    A coworker of mine told me he heard someone got a coyote that was tagged. Called the number and was able to find out the coyote came from a breeder out west. Apparently insurance companies are shipping them in to deal with deer populations causing excessive car accidents. No comment from insurance companies or DNR. Total BS?

Ponch

Feb 7, 2018
    Odenton
    Coyotes in Maryland...YERP!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wmNkmC0_qWFfDPN0ke_7e1K4Y94BckkX[/IMG]

I popped these last week out west by Frederick

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z