• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    For good condition, prefer matching numbers, how much am I looking at? Which one do you prefer?

I know the Yugo doesn't have a chrome line, but what's good about it if like it.

Thanks

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    A couple of days ago a member had two for sale, a Norinco and I think the other one was a Factory 26 SKS...IIRC, he was asking $400 for one and $450 for the other...I noted someone bought them fairly quickly. I don't know if they were matching or not, but I think they were priced for today's market. Russians command a little more...and a nice condition Albanian, even more. For Yugos, I prefer the type 59s that do not have that god-awful grenade launcher having off the front (I think those are 59/66's). I've seen them go for around $4-450. Nice rifles, get'em while you still can...

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I've got a nice Russian I've been thinking of selling but then I remember how I miss my yugo!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    russian $600-$800 mint.(in box all acc.)
    chinese $325-$425
    yugo $300-$350
    prices are dealer retail.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    russian $600-$800 mint.(in box all acc.)
    chinese $325-$425
    yugo $300-$350
    prices are dealer retail.

Sounds about right. I did however pull $500 out of a perfect condition 59/66 recently tho.

I remember paying $200 for a perfect Norinco when I was 18, thought it was high then.... Wish I had bought a few more and put them away for a while.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ya'll are making me sad. One of these days I'll get one. I just hope I have the spare funds and ends up at the top of my buy most before they are selling for really stupid amounts.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Living in MD in the here and now I'd say get one. Any one you have the $ for. It is an awesome SHTF rifle and eats 7.62x39 all day
    I have 2 Chinese / Albanian C&R SKSs and they have never skipped a beat. Both came to me in Cosmo. If you apply for C&R and pass the federal background check, J&G sales still has them
    Rough beat up stocks but these have chrome lined bores so they would shoot nice.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Living in MD in the here and now I'd say get one. Any one you have the $ for. It is an awesome SHTF rifle and eats 7.62x39 all day
    I have 2 Chinese / Albanian C&R SKSs and they have never skipped a beat. Both came to me in Cosmo. If you apply for C&R and pass the federal background check, J&G sales still has them
    Rough beat up stocks but these have chrome lined bores so they would shoot nice.

Indeed

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Ya'll are making me sad. One of these days I'll get one. I just hope I have the spare funds and ends up at the top of my buy most before they are selling for really stupid amounts.

I recommend the Russian or Chinese one that has the chrome line. Personally I don't think they will increase in price significantly as long as you get them within a year

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Sounds about right. I did however pull $500 out of a perfect condition 59/66 recently tho.

I remember paying $200 for a perfect Norinco when I was 18, thought it was high then.... Wish I had bought a few more and put them away for a while.

I paid around $300 for my Chinese and Russian about 1.5 year ago, but $500 for a Yugo with no chrome line? I think it's a bit high

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    A couple of days ago a member had two for sale, a Norinco and I think the other one was a Factory 26 SKS...IIRC, he was asking $400 for one and $450 for the other...I noted someone bought them fairly quickly. I don't know if they were matching or not, but I think they were priced for today's market. Russians command a little more...and a nice condition Albanian, even more. For Yugos, I prefer the type 59s that do not have that god-awful grenade launcher having off the front (I think those are 59/66's). I've seen them go for around $4-450. Nice rifles, get'em while you still can...

Different between the 59 vs 59/66?

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Different between the 59 vs 59/66?

I believe the model 59 was Yugoslavia's copy of the russian sks; but does not have a chrome lined barrel...and does not have the grenade launcher. The M59/66 has a permanently attached grenade launcher and a folding grenade sight. Not sure if the barrel is chrome lined or not. I personally just don't like the looks of the 59/66 and prefer the more classical SKS look (sans launcher)...but I understand the 59/66's are great shooters....s

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I bought my Norinko about 3 years ago. Paid $189 (I think). Kinda rough condition visually, but mechanical and bore were sweet. The stock was beat to hell, but I refinished (not pretty-wise, but looking good wise) the stock and It's one of my favorites. Sweet, sweet shooter. Fold back blade-type bayonet. Love this rifle. One day, when I decide to retire and need money, I'll sell it for a fair price. Maybe...

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I believe the model 59 was Yugoslavia's copy of the russian sks; but does not have a chrome lined barrel...and does not have the grenade launcher. The M59/66 has a permanently attached grenade launcher and a folding grenade sight. Not sure if the barrel is chrome lined or not. I personally just don't like the looks of the 59/66 and prefer the more classical SKS look (sans launcher)...but I understand the 59/66's are great shooters....s

Ok. I am pretty sure the Yugo 59/66 doesn't have a chrome line barrel as well.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I bought my Norinko about 3 years ago. Paid $189 (I think). Kinda rough condition visually, but mechanical and bore were sweet. The stock was beat to hell, but I refinished (not pretty-wise, but looking good wise) the stock and It's one of my favorites. Sweet, sweet shooter. Fold back blade-type bayonet. Love this rifle. One day, when I decide to retire and need money, I'll sell it for a fair price. Maybe...

One of my Sks was from classic, it was a beat up one but had that classic history look to it. Got it for $250 with FFL and shipping, think I paid around little over $300

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom