• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If you are going to excoriate me about the usefulness of frederick govt employees and continue to push needle toward Jan Gardner on here then people need to know the facts. I shall call you out on those facts.

The constant yield rate vs. actual rate is what keeps our taxes from ever going down while she espouses the rate hasn't changed. The assessments also changed from 80% of perceived value to 100% continuing to push the taxes ever higher. She not only has changed the rate but changed the rules on how the rates are assessed.

Property taxes fluctuate based on market conditions my ass. Educate yourself on the facts.

Added, due to the poster adding it, after I started writing my response and also a QFT.
    Frederick County property taxes have increased 16.67% since 2011. To pay for what? Transgender education at the middle school level? 4 extra "teacher work days." Sanctuary policies? There isn't anyone more worthless and overpaid than a MD govt employee.

giphy.gif

Same tired old tactics. Thinking I am trying to push for Jan Gardner to win because of whatever reason. Possibly because you think I am a Gardner supporter. Maybe you think I am a liberal plant (you would be sorely mistaken to assume that one). Quite possibly it is because I am able to use the truth about the way the county was mismanaged under the Young administration to lay your emotional arguments to the wayside. Oh yes, I went there.

The Young administration screwed up the county with approving all the new developments, while making developers pay pennies on the dollar for minor upgrades to the infrastructure, like a stop light or a turn lane on the road. Never mind the fact that the county had to pay for the further upgrades tot he infrastructure, which totaled in the hundreds of millions of dollars, because the Young administration saw nothing but dollar signs from the increased tax revenue out of the developments.

Most FredCo republicans that are elected to county office are nothing more than those that can't make it in the big leagues (Delauter) and choose to play the corrupt game on a small scale. Young and his cronies were the masters of doing exactly that. Case in point, Delauter said that if he was elected county executive, he would clean out the upper management of the Department of Solid Waste Management, because he felt wronged that one of his donors was going to get permanently barred from the Landfill, for intentionally violating county ordinances involving bringing in trash from outside the county. So because the heads of the department are legally tasked with barring people from landfill usage, that violate those county ordinances, Delauter was going to retaliate like that? He even tried contacting the department head -outside of a council meeting I might add-to force the department to bend to his wishes, but was promptly put in his place by Jan Gardner, about how he was prohibited from doing that, when there are issues of that nature. That right there is just one example of the dirty pool one the Young cronies have done recently.

I have lived in FredCo since 1992. I think I have a better understanding of how the COUNTY operates, instead of the TOWN of Myersville. Which if you are inside the town of Myersville, you are probably paying property taxes to the TOWN of Myersville, due to the fact that it is bankrupt and asked the county for help with shoring them up. Possibly you should check the facts about the town that you reside in, before you gripe about the county, which doesn't control what the city does.

You have chosen to lash out out at the county, instead of the town that assesses property tax that is on top of the county property tax. Maybe you should take that up with your town council to see if they would be willing to lower the town property tax rate.

EDIT:
    There you go bashing the employees of a government entity that make it possible for you to enjoy life as you know it. The schools, the roads, the fire/EMS system, law enforcement, etc... You just don't stop, do you? You can't get a hint that you are in fact wrong about 90% of all government employees that work at the local level. Now you are grouping FredCo employees in with MD state employees? Get a grip man, which one is it? MD or FredCo? You can't have both. Get a grip and calm down. There is no need for you to act in this manner. I have been civil in the face of lunacy before , and that is what I will continue to be, but it seems as if you need to step away from the keyboard and chill out.
    /EDIT

Oh and one more thing, when you were looking for somebody with a reaction rod for your AR, I would have been willing to help you out, but your previous actions made me hesitate and think that inviting you to my home to help you would not be a wise choice. You burned a bridge that you didn't have to. Maybe you will think twice in the future about how you interact with people on here.

With that, I have nothing further to say to you, due to your repeated condescending attitude, repeated personal attacks, numerous assumptions about me as a person, and your generally hostile attitude. Have a nice night.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    You are absolutely wrong and has nothing to do with any town locality. The facts are in the numbers I layed out for you. You are choosing not to believe them.

I've been to several county meetings regarding the property taxes and assessments. When Jan got elected it all changed and you can see right on your last few tax assessments how they changed. Better yet is to look at your property or anyone's property on the MD.gov site. Everyone's property is public record. I've looked at every property in Middletown and done comparisons by square footage. I've even met the tax assessor for our area and they explained to me, with an f-ing smile no less, how the % change in assessments went from 80 to 100. Homestead credits do nothing to help and was the whole point in the policy change.

Facts are facts. Sorry you can't accept the math of it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You are absolutely wrong. The facts in the numbers are layed out for you. You choose not to believe them.

Poster added the paragraph below after my response, QFT.
    I've been to several county meetings regarding the property taxes and assessments. When Jan got elected it all changed and you can see right on your last few tax assessments how they changed. Better yet is to look at your property or anyone's property on the MD.gov site. Everyone's property is public record. I've looked at every property in Middletown and done comparisons by square footage. I've even met the tax assessor for our area and they explained to me, with an f-ing smile no less, how the % change in assessments went from 80 to 100. Homestead credits do nothing to help and was the whole point in the policy change.

Facts are facts. Sorry you can't accept the math of it.

:rolleyes:

EDIT:
    More personal attacks, when you think I'm not paying attention. Keep going, I'm actually beginning to enjoy this.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    3378.49034 more days until I can leave this $hit hole of a state. Not that I'm counting.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    More personal attacks, when you think I'm not paying attention. Keep going, I'm actually beginning to enjoy this.

Spare me your righteous indignation. Yes, I did add more information and I edit a lot for clarity. As you can see you were typing the same time I was so there is no edit notation. I added facts since, as you say, "I'm just butt hurt." In addition to your unsolicited attacks in December. Personal attacks, really? Pot meet kettle.

I know more about the property taxes of Maryland and Frederick than I ever cared too and I'm not going to sit and let you tell me that I'm butt hurt about assessments or the value of Frederick Govt. employees as you have numerous times. I know the reality. I've done the research and leg work. I have had more uneducated worthless Frederick employees tell me how the property taxes are assessed until I've quoted numerically the statutes to them. Looking at the lost glaze in their eyes was enough to tell me the value of their work.

I have yet to not have my assessment go down thousands upon thousands of dollars because of appeals. That is f-ing criminal. One assessment that is incorrect is one thing but every f-ing time they are wrong. They are stealing money from everyone and no one give a rats ass or is just too lazy to do anything about it.

Last edited:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    David Etter, Supervisor of Assessments
    (301) 815-5350

Here you go since, you said I'm just butt hurt. Also, you said I need to grow up. Yet you think I'm doing the insulting. Quite rich. Well, he'll clue you in on the changes made in 2015.

Tell him you know someone from Middletown who quotes MD Tax-Prop Code § 2-204 Revaluation of real property and see what he says. He'll hang up on you because he doesn't know the laws from the hole in his ass. Or he does know the laws and doesn't care like most govt. employees.

Last edited:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'll keep going since I'm enjoying this too:

Here is your constant yield tax code in relation to homestead tax credits:

(2) In calculating a constant yield tax rate for a taxable year, the Department shall use an estimate of the total assessment of all real property for the next taxable year exclusive of real property that appears for the 1st time on the assessment records.

(3)(i) The Department may amend a constant yield tax rate only as provided in this paragraph.

(ii) On or before April 15 each year, the Department may amend a constant yield tax rate when a county or municipal corporation alters the homestead tax credit percentage under § 9-105 of this article.

You can look up 9-105. It says, "TA DA!!....Higher taxes beyond homestead protections yet the rate is unchanged just like Jan promised." Like you said in another thread, "Jan has kept her promises."

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    In case there is any doubt how the county comes up with their rates. Its all protected by the state. The citizens aren't protected, mind you, but the local govt. sure is in case their employees make a mistake. Which they always do because they are govt employees. I've made appeals to the director to go to court over the assessments and he quoted me this little nugget.

"If a court finds that a taxing authority violated § 6-308 of this article, the real property tax rate of that taxing authority shall be the constant yield tax rate."

So go ahead and go to court. It doesn't matter anyway. So then what is the purpose of a supervisor of assessments except to be another wasted tax dollar office drone? I'll answer, there isn't any.

6-308 title states, "Procedure To Increase Taxes." Just in case it wasn't blatant enough and as if MD knows how to lower taxes.

To quote Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood, "I'm Done!!!"

We need a public police dept, fire dept. and EMTs. The rest should be fired, privatized, and made efficient.

3378.49 now and counting.....

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    We need a public police dept, fire dept. and EMTs. The rest should be fired, privatized, and made efficient.

3378.49 now and counting.....

I'll bet people have been saying the same thing since the time of the Roman Empire.

However, railing against another member about the corruption, waste and inefficiency of government employees because our property taxes have steadily increased since 2015 seems misdirected, at best. Da fuq, bruh?

I totally agree that assessing property value at 100% (vs. 80% perceived) sucks the big one but, honestly, who didn't see that one coming from a mile away as Frederick County grew exponentially? I see it reflected in my mortgage payment. It has increased by $57 since 2012 and (again) I don't think that's unreasonable given the big picture here.

I understand your frustration, though. Employees of Frederick County range from being professional and courteous (office of Dept of Water/Sewer/Trash Pickup) to characters from Nikolai Gogol's, Dead Souls. I don't think there's much we'll ever be able to do about that.

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Souls-Nikolai-Gogol/dp/0140448071/ref=pd_sbs_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0140448071&pd_rd_r=8618a78c-811c-11e8-b57f-bb83f84ca79e&pd_rd_w=F8SG6&pd_rd_wg=mqyrS&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=5825442648805390339&pf_rd_r=691C8R5P839G65MKXRE2&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=691C8R5P839G65MKXRE2

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Seems like somebody needs a “timeout”. I moved to Myersville in Jan 1990. Nice, undeveloped. Got an acre just outside the city limit so no city tax. I have seen the migration of MoCo escapees and the first thing they want to do is change the town into what they just left! “We need a community pool for the children, we need this, we need that.” So the town took protected wetlands and built ball fields on them. Next was “we need a way for our kids to get there” so the town built a curving sidewalk behind the post office to the wetlands. Next came the “white Elephant” of a municipal center/Fire department. Luckily I can walk to the gun club when I get flustered.

Kyler

Apr 4, 2016
    Keedysville
    Seems like somebody needs a “timeout”. I moved to Myersville in Jan 1990. Nice, undeveloped. Got an acre just outside the city limit so no city tax. I have seen the migration of MoCo escapees and the first thing they want to do is change the town into what they just left! “We need a community pool for the children, we need this, we need that.” So the town took protected wetlands and built ball fields on them. Next was “we need a way for our kids to get there” so the town built a curving sidewalk behind the post office to the wetlands. Next came the “white Elephant” of a municipal center/Fire department. Luckily I can walk to the gun club when I get flustered.

Middletown is the same way.

I'm building a house on 5-acres of woods just north of Keedysville to escape the MoCo invasion.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Look into the finances of the Myersville fire hall once.......interesting to say the least.

When the gas compressor station came about, I was certain that Myersville couldn't say no, they couldn't afford too.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'll bet people have been saying the same thing since the time of the Roman Empire.

However, railing against another member about the corruption, waste and inefficiency of government employees because our property taxes have steadily increased since 2015 seems misdirected, at best. Da fuq, bruh?

I totally agree that assessing property value at 100% (vs. 80% perceived) sucks the big one but, honestly, who didn't see that one coming from a mile away as Frederick County grew exponentially? I see it reflected in my mortgage payment. It has increased by $57 since 2012 and (again) I don't think that's unreasonable given the big picture here.

I understand your frustration, though. Employees of Frederick County range from being professional and courteous (office of Dept of Water/Sewer/Trash Pickup) to characters from Nikolai Gogol's, Dead Souls. I don't think there's much we'll ever be able to do about that.

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Souls-Nikolai-Gogol/dp/0140448071/ref=pd_sbs_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0140448071&pd_rd_r=8618a78c-811c-11e8-b57f-bb83f84ca79e&pd_rd_w=F8SG6&pd_rd_wg=mqyrS&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=5825442648805390339&pf_rd_r=691C8R5P839G65MKXRE2&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=691C8R5P839G65MKXRE2

I agree. Complaining about govt inefficiencies, excess, and sadly corruption is futile. This thread was started because I wanted to figure out how to save some cash by prepaying taxes and DA has been attacking me about it, unsolicited, ever since. I had enough. Especially since I knew the inside and out of the tax system save the prepaying option or lack thereof.

You can appeal your valuation. You don't have to do what I did, go all lawyer on them and confront them in person. My last appeal, I felt it was robbery and wanted to see their reactions when I called them out on it. Twisted entertainment, I guess. You can write to them but my results have increased by going to the office. When you are face to face with them they capitulate because they know how criminal they are being and I think they feel a little guilty about it. There is one older blonde lady who is much more sympathetic than the younger ones. Not a shock there. I have left and come back when she was away to get the biggest reduction I could.

Last edited:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Middletown is the same way.

I'm building a house on 5-acres of woods just north of Keedysville to escape the MoCo invasion.

Middletown is expanding North of the high school. However, I give them credit. They are only adding senior housing which puts less of a strain on the already over stretched school system. It is going to cause a ton of traffic problems but about 12-15 people showed up to the planning meeting. So no one cares but the few of us who showed up. Because of this the commission felt like they had the green light to expand. They claim the water infrastructure is going to cost millions to repair and higher water bills would ensue. True but the impact per dwelling was pretty minimal. They made it sound like it would have cost each dwelling hundreds per quarter when it was more like $20.

The alderman is good and trustworthy but this is probably going to ruin his re-election chances. The citizens who live on Main Street and have been for decades are very unhappy. The traffic for them has gotten so bad they can barely pull out of their driveway at certain hours of the day. I think the alderman has forgotten who shows up to the polls to vote. There aren't many who do.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Look into the finances of the Myersville fire hall once.......interesting to say the least.

When the gas compressor station came about, I was certain that Myersville couldn't say no, they couldn't afford too.

There were hysterics getting signatures around Middletown to keep the compressor station from being built. Citing noise and danger of explosion. Driving near the location I can't hear a thing. I assume it was built.

I thought the gas company offered big cash to Myersville?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don’t know where the senior housing is but they’re building the crap out of the farmland with Ryan Homes building $400K and up homes in their new development. With one way in/out! And when they all go up alt40 to get on 70 forget about it!

Attachments

• 8955B8DD-3FD8-491F-AAEF-C68CF7B5EEC2.jpg
      8955B8DD-3FD8-491F-AAEF-C68CF7B5EEC2.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 114

Kyler

Apr 4, 2016
    Keedysville
    I think the alderman has forgotten who shows up to the polls to vote. There aren't many who do.

The Burgess knows exactly who his base is - its the MoCo transplants. And it is sad when a town of 3,000+ only has 3-400 show up to vote. :sad20:

The town is much different from when I moved in nearly 20 years ago. Time for this kid to go :party29:

Kyler

Apr 4, 2016
    Keedysville
    There were hysterics getting signatures around Middletown to keep the compressor station from being built. Citing noise and danger of explosion. Driving near the location I can't hear a thing. I assume it was built.

I went to those meetings. The compressor put out about 86db. I asked how many complaints the town got about my 86db generator when it ran its weekly tests. Few even knew it was there. Damned hypocrites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom