• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    What scope recommendations are there for the 10-22 take down? I want one that can stay mounted to the receiver when it gets put back in the carry bag. Is the Bug Buster the way to go? Or is it better to just get a regular scope with the quick disconnect rings and forget about it staying on the gun when in the bag? Also, should I replace the mounting rail that comes with the 10-22? It doesn't seem too scope friendly.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Part of the reason that I find the 10/22 Takedown appealing is that it is light and nimble. Also, because they aren't precision shooters, especially with receiver mounted optics, I elected to go with a red dot. It's on a quick release might, such that I can remove it and use the iron sights if necessary.
    fdfd1a0e30b7075e61cbe12a8ed5327d.jpg
    c2aa86ff59e8e2dd50d81d41d4395eff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Part of the reason that I find the 10/22 Takedown appealing is that it is light and nimble. Also, because they aren't precision shooters, especially with receiver mounted optics, I elected to go with a red dot. It's on a quick release might, such that I can remove it and use the iron sights if necessary.
    fdfd1a0e30b7075e61cbe12a8ed5327d.jpg
    c2aa86ff59e8e2dd50d81d41d4395eff.jpg

My barrel is 16" long, black, and threaded. You have to check it out sometime. I'm seriously considering a red dot for the top of mine.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My barrel is 16" long, black, and threaded. You have to check it out sometime. I'm seriously considering a red dot for the top of mine.
    Throw up a pic in this thread or another. The Magpul backpacker stock on a 10/22 Takedown is such a nice upgrade.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    This is too big to fit in the case or even breaking the gun(the rear sight prevents it) without removing the scope. But I wanted a scope that could sight the squirrels head at 50 yrds. Maybe more than I need. 3-9x33 Leupold. With leupold QD rings.

No toes, sorry.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The Mica Stock is the one I would've kept! When that came out I tried finding that stock to purchase.
    I got a good deal on a Hogue Molded in Lava that looks pretty nice. I have a scope on mine that makes the back pack useless.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The Mica Stock is the one I would've kept! When that came out I tried finding that stock to purchase.
    I got a good deal on a Hogue Molded in Lava that looks pretty nice. I have a scope on mine that makes the back pack useless.

I still have the Mica Bronze stock for it, never fired with it on the gun. :D

If you wait for the deals, you can find the Mica Bronze at Sportsman's Warehouse for 250-280. I snagged mine last December for 250 plus tax in WV.

I will readily admit to loving the Magpul stock for it. There is something about 3 of the 10 round mags in the stock, or a single 10 round mag in the stock with a box of 50 rounds in the stock. I genuinely like the takedown and it is pretty good with a suppressor a friend put on there to test out.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com...roductDetail/Rifles/prod99999043146/cat100003

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Nice. I prefer that color carrying case too.

That carrying case is freaking awesome! it has the internal pockets in the lower pocket for the BX-25 mags. :D

One day we'll have to figure something out so you can try the shorter barreled one. You might like it more than your 18" barreled one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom