• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    On a positive note FINALLY got this sob (read my other unfortunate thread over the weekend about a dang scope purchase)
    Probably should have checked the mail Saturday, just now swung over to my mail box and found my MSP letter and Card!

Seems like a cross country journey to finally have this in my hands.
    Although now the fun part begins. Gotta head up to York Co police Dept and get my PA permit, I believe it’s $20 for 5yrs?
    Last and not least I have to fill out more paperwork for a hearing to the HPRB on the work restriction

Guess I’ll see a few of you guys in Annapolis later this year :/

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Congrats! My application is going on the mail tomorrow. It's a bit silly that I have to apply. I'm an MDSP W&C instructor. Go figure.
    Congratulations as well.

The MSP instructor doesn't get you a permit. It's how you explain why you need one. This is Maryland.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    '

Attachments

• latest.jpg
      latest.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 1,020

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Congratulations as well.

The MSP instructor doesn't get you a permit. It's how you explain why you need one. This is Maryland.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Maybe my explanation should be, "driving instructors need to drive, wear and carry instructors need to wear and carry." Nah, bad idea.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Congratulations as well.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

I'm glad that you wrote this because it made me rethink my G&S statement on the application. I couldn't mail it yesterday because of MLK Day, so I added a paragraph to the statement that explained the scope of the risks that exist if, while en route to my work as a firearms instructor with the firearms I'm transporting, I would be robbed with no way to defend myself. It's on its way to the Licensing Division now.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Congrats, hopefully the more W&C that get issued, and no "ok corral" shootouts happen, folks will realize it ain't so bad

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    Congrats, I submitted my application 12/6/17...got called for my interview this morning (1/16/18) & conducted interview just a couple hours ago. Interviewer was a little pressuring but i got through it. I was sponsored by Train to Aim for Armed Security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Congrats, hopefully the more W&C that get issued, and no "ok corral" shootouts happen, folks will realize it ain't so bad

Ah man I had a long list of no gooders I wanted to challenge to a duel, that obviously need more lead in their diet. I guess I’ll let it slide for now to show the state another non cowboy has a permit lol

Congrats, I submitted my application 12/6/17...got called for my interview this morning (1/16/18) & conducted interview just a couple hours ago. Interviewer was a little pressuring but i got through it. I was sponsored by Train to Aim for Armed Security.

Interesting, the Trooper I had was great to talk to. Could have easily carried on the conversation for another hour honestly.

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    Ah man I had a long list of no gooders I wanted to challenge to a duel, that obviously need more lead in their diet. I guess I’ll let it slide for now to show the state another non cowboy has a permit lol

Interesting, the Trooper I had was great to talk to. Could have easily carried on the conversation for another hour honestly.

I guess it depends on the day of the week lol

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Getting that info to the folks...and...getting them to accept it, is the problem. Some, unfortunately, will not remove their heads from their arse.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Certainly finding out I need some more belt and holster options, living life with a IWB compact day to day will be tougher than I first thought. Sitting down getting up, in and out vehicles particularly, no longer buying/using weaker leather belts, making sure I’m not printing etc etc

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Certainly finding out I need some more belt and holster options, living life with a IWB compact day to day will be tougher than I first thought. Sitting down getting up, in and out vehicles particularly, no longer buying/using weaker leather belts, making sure I’m not printing etc etc

That's why I carry this in a pocket holster.
    623e23ed956376253904b5f5a1e63bad.jpg

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

I have read other posted on this forum of troopers in the personal interview asking questions that were inappropriate or based on rescinded policy. Did you experience any of that in your interview, and if so how did you handle it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom