• ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    What are the costs to join? Thanks.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    got to shoot at BCGF this past weekend with 3rdRcn for some training. Would love some more advice from members on the best ways to meet prospective sponsors there. Unfortunately, the Trap Thursdays are out of the question for me. It looks like the next public even is the gun show/fun shoot weekend in April, but that's probably too late... Info on the site's calendar is kind of sparse. I will probably call up there this week.

Last edited:

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Thursday Night Trap Shoot starts at 5:30 to 6 runs till about 10. Trap Leagues are run three/four times a year. Call the Traps for their schedule for Fun Shoots. 410-668-4327 leave number, they will get back to you or just stop up on a Thursday night. Chris

PS: Membership drive may not happen this year as we created a waiting list last year with about 45 on that list, unless we have more openings (drop outs) no drive this year. Will not know that till May as dues are due last day of April. Chris

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Can you please let us know? I've wanted to join for several years now, and hadn't had the chance. If there is going to be a drive / lottery this year I'd love to find someone to sponsor me.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    I been wanting to get in there live right by there but now moving have to find a place in PA. Vary nice place tho my boy took his hunters safety there over the summer

BirchBrook22

Jan 4, 2013
    Does anyone know the current wait list / process to join? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has been addressed someone on another post.

Thanks!

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    The annual membership process starts in April or May. You need a sponsor. If you don't have a sponsor then start coming up to the trap range. The trap range is open to the public on Thursday nights. You can make friends and cultivate a sponsor. There are more details but you need a sponsor who can explain all the requirements to you.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Does anyone know the current wait list / process to join? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has been addressed someone on another post.

Thanks!

We didn't open our membership up this as we only had couple of openings. The list we had from the year before filled all the slots. We will open membership again in 2018 in June (1st Wednesday). You must have a sponsor and an application (your sponsor will get you one). The night of the drive if we have 50 openings and 80 show up we draw for those to get in 2018 and the rest are left on a list till 2019. While many of the members support an open membership, our By-Laws restrict us to 650 regular members plus Life. Hope this helps a little. Chris

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    We didn't open our membership up this as we only had couple of openings. The list we had from the year before filled all the slots. We will open membership again in 2018 in June (1st Wednesday). You must have a sponsor and an application (your sponsor will get you one). The night of the drive if we have 50 openings and 80 show up we draw for those to get in 2018 and the rest are left on a list till 2019. While many of the members support an open membership, our By-Laws restrict us to 650 regular members plus Life. Hope this helps a little. Chris

Although it took me several years to get in, restricting the membership is definitely a wise idea. I really like having the range to myself most times I go. I do like the way they changed the lottery system. Wish it was that way when I was first trying to join....

flintstone

Jan 1, 2013
    Perry Hall MD
    I got in the first year they started the lottery system. About 80 applied and about 40 or so got in. My guess there will be 30-40 openings based on previous years openings for 2018.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Although it took me several years to get in, restricting the membership is definitely a wise idea. I really like having the range to myself most times I go. I do like the way they changed the lottery system. Wish it was that way when I was first trying to join....

Our membership was capped sometime after 1936 but over the years the number has been increased to it's current level of 650. Now with the lottery and waiting list applicants have a easier time to get in. The old system was one and done, had to reapply each year till accepted. Chris

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    Our membership was capped sometime after 1936 but over the years the number has been increased to it's current level of 650. Now with the lottery and waiting list applicants have a easier time to get in. The old system was one and done, had to reapply each year till accepted. Chris
    How could I get someone to sponsor?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom