• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    "They're going to have to make a choice," said John T. Adams, president of the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association. "They can have their guns or their marijuana, but not both."

That's the official line, but the reality of how the policy might be enforced in Pennsylvania and other states is a little muddier. That includes the question of whether people who already own guns might have to surrender them, instead of just being prohibited from making new purchases.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guns-ganja-firearm-owning-pot-fans-face-choice-164203955.html

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Well until it’s changed, it’s a federal crime to be in possession or use Marijuana. As stupid as that may be, until congress changes it, that is the way it is.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Im a novice on the law and politics in general. I still cant wrap my brain about federal laws not being followed by states.
    Of course this is absurd, but what if a state made murder no longer a crime. I just can't understand it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's about time someone started a Medical Marijuana/Gun Owning thread.

I was afraid we'd never have this discussion.

:)

I was about to say that, but I gave the benefit of the doubt since it was a PA specific article posted in the PA subforum.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I was about to say that, but I gave the benefit of the doubt since it was a PA specific article posted in the PA subforum.

The OP knows I'm kidding with him.

I'm hoping the conversations continue until it's thoroughly thought out.

Cuzz using Medical Marijuana as a way of stealing firearms from US Citizens and denying firearm purchases is Un-American.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The OP knows I'm kidding with him.

I'm hoping the conversations continue until it's thoroughly thought out.

Cuzz using Medical Marijuana as a way of stealing firearms from US Citizens and denying purchases of firearms is Un-American.

I'm not generally a conspiracy guy, but I've given thought to the chicken/egg aspect of this.

Are th gun grabbers jumping on the mj bandwagon purely after the dact s s an outlet to do what they do(grab guns)
    Or was there any premeditation by insiders in the mj lobby, knowing that the feds would find ways to clamp down on otherwise lawful activities including but not limited to just guns. :tinfoil:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hmmmmm...they’ll take your guns if you get a prescription for MM but you can pop all the Percocet and oxy you want and the federal government has no problem with you owning guns?

Don't forget chasing Percocet with Jack Daniels.

That's legal too.

And you can ingest both on your lunch break.

Just before filling out your 4473 and 77r.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm not generally a conspiracy guy, but I've given thought to the chicken/egg aspect of this.

Are th gun grabbers jumping on the mj bandwagon purely after the dact s s an outlet to do what they do(grab guns)
    Or was there any premeditation by insiders in the mj lobby, knowing that the feds would find ways to clamp down on otherwise lawful activities including but not limited to just guns. :tinfoil:

I've asked folks to post up the reports of the mass firearm confiscations that took place in 2014 when Colorado legalized marijuana. So far, there have been no reports.

The really amazing thing is Colorado and California are still using federal forms to sell guns in states where weed is legal. Yet folks are claiming Marijuana + Federal = No Guns For You.

The truth is this has nothing to do with marijuana/guns. This has to do with people who disagree with other people smoking pot. It's cultural and punitive in nature. Nothing more.

Live And Let Live has died in America. It's been replaced with faction after faction after faction engaging in endless infighting. Too bad too. Cuzz we'll never survive as a country the way we're going.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Im a novice on the law and politics in general. I still cant wrap my brain about federal laws not being followed by states.
    Of course this is absurd, but what if a state made murder no longer a crime. I just can't understand it.

I understand that your not being obtuse about this but it's easy to point out that murder harms someone else. Smoking gunja harms no one else. Hard to have a crime without a victim.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I understand that your not being obtuse about this but it's easy to point out that murder harms someone else. Smoking gunja harms no one else. Hard to have a crime without a victim.

It wasn't supposed to be an apples to apples comparison. I'm just mystified at the concept of states peeling back laws that are still illegal on the federal level. I suppose amongst the hundreds of thousands of laws on the books with the feds and 50 states there are probably a lot of instances of this. They just don't get the pub that MJ does.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well, Murder in the general sense isn't a Federal Crime .( Only with certian physical areas of Federal jurisdiction, or certain persons specifically enumerated in Federal Law, or in conjunction with certain activities subject to Federal Law .

Closer to the firearms realm Federal Law addresses what we refer to as NFA aka Class III items . Some individual states also have their laws on the subject . Sometimes stricter than Fed . Sometimes essentially identical . That way State level and decide to enforce or not , or prosecute or not based upon the State statute , regardless of actions or not by ATF or US Attorney.

The unusual part of the MJ issue are the tripple reverses . Feds have policy to not prosecute . States explicitly permit. But said states then indirectly quote the Federal laws they active thumb their noses at in previous paragraph, to actively ( provide negative consequences ) by stripping Rights akin to a felony conviction , for following their own state laws .

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County

I see this as the liberals taking advantage of the situation for a win-win for their overall agenda. They give the sheeple what they want and remove more guns out of the hands of the citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom