• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Oh ok, I thought a 3 ring binder wasn't good enough...I thought they wanted a more permanent binding

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Care to explain that form to me? Description and non-liscensee are obvious, but receipt and disposition...

Is receipt when you take possession and from whom you took possession? And then disposition when you sell the weapon and to whom?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Affirmative on both counts.

Also, if you transfer the firearm temporarily to someone (such as a gunsmith, pawnbroker, gun store for consignment, etc.)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Affirmative on both counts.

Also, if you transfer the firearm temporarily to someone (such as a gunsmith, pawnbroker, gun store for consignment, etc.)

Sorry, I'm dense. You have to record it if you give your C&R firearms to a gunsmith to service?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    From ATF's website.
    http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm
    (E1) What is a "bound book?"
    A "bound book" is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations, and the pages must be numbered consecutively.

You do not have to turn in your records to ATF when you end your C&R license. I even believe you don't even have to keep these records after it expires. I am awaiting a determination from ATF and will post the answer.

The only firearms you log into your "Bound Book" are C&R firearms that were acquired or disposed of after you received your license. You do not log non-C&R guns.

My understanding is that even if you don't use your license to purchase a C&R gun you are still required to log it in your book. For example: Say you buy a WWII Nazi marked Walter P38 from a MD gun dealer. You really don't need to show the dealer your license because there will be no benefit to you. You will still have to wait the 7 days and can not buy more than one regulated gun per month (unless your a MD designated collector-then you only wait 7 days). My understanding is that you are still required to log in the gun in your bound book.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Sorry, I'm dense. You have to record it if you give your C&R firearms to a gunsmith to service?
    As I understand it, yes if it stays overnight.
    See, if it stays overnight the gunsmith has to record it in his/her bound book and then back out again when you pick it up and whenever two FFLs do a temporary transfer to each other they both have to record the acquisitions/dispositions.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Has anyone gotten a C&R from Baltimore city's CLEO approved? I dont think the ATF would be the problem.

A C&R is a federal license from the BATFE, baltimore city CLEO has no say as I understand it unless they know of a reason not to issue one.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    As I recall, the documents sent to the CLEO are for notification purposes only. They have no say in whether you get the C&R as long as there are no legal issues (prior criminal/mental health history by the applicant or perhaps another resident which might create a safety issue).

I looked upon the notification to local CLEO as a heads up to them that there is a location (business, residence) where there may be a “quantity” of firearms present (think burglar alarm calls?).

Matt

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I looked upon the notification to local CLEO as a heads up to them that there is a location (business, residence) where there may be a “quantity” of firearms present (think burglar alarm calls?).

Matt

Think New Orleans style weapons seizure?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    DARN!!!! Sorry Officer, it appears I've been LOOTED! I'd like to file a theft report. :)

Or you could always make a perfectly legitimate sale of your entire collection, to a trustworthy individual in another county or state. "Oh, THOSE guns? I sold 'em all to my cousin Ernie in Virginia just yesterday! Sorry to disappoint you..."

I've often wondered what I'd do with my firearms, if a hurricane or TMI-type accident forced me to vacate for an indeterminate amount of time. I'd probably leave them locked up in the safe (except what I took for personal defense) but remove all the bolts and bury them somewhere, making the guns useless if they're stolen.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Great thread, it just went into my "favorites", to reference the dealers listed. I, too, am a C&R holder. Do I understand from a previous post that C&R handguns can be purchased with it as well, as in off the internet and to your door? I know that AIM Surplus won't ship to MD, except to a FFL01 dealer. I though that was MD law. Is that the law, or just AIM's policy?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Great thread, it just went into my "favorites", to reference the dealers listed. I, too, am a C&R holder. Do I understand from a previous post that C&R handguns can be purchased with it as well, as in off the internet and to your door? I know that AIM Surplus won't ship to MD, except to a FFL01 dealer. I though that was MD law. Is that the law, or just AIM's policy?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=22230&postcount=10

AIM won't ship to Maryland? I know for a fact they will ship C&R rifles and pistols to Maryland C&R license holders. Maybe they have changed their policy since the last time you inquired.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Half-cocked,

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. What I meant to say was that AIM won't ship C&R handguns to MD residents, only FFL01 dealers. They will still ship C&R elegible rifles to your door. Actually, I've bought several from them, great company and products. Sorry for the confusion.

MH

BTW, thanks for the link. Great news!

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    MH, AIM does ship C&R handguns to Maryland residents. I know of many C&R licensees on this forum who've bought C&R pistols from them.

It's possible that the person you spoke to, had incorrect information. It is legal for Md. residents who are C&R licensees to receive C&R pistols in interstate commerce, however (and ironically) it's not legal for one Md. C&R licensee to transfer a C&R handgun to another Md. C&R licensee, without using the MSP 77R form for transferring regulated weapons.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Maryland Hunter,

I have bought quite a few C&R pistols from AIM and had them shipped right to my door with my C&R license. AIM has shipped me a WWII Walther P38, 2 Russian Nagant Revolvers, a CZ-82, and a CZ-52.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom