• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I'm sure this topic is debated to death. However, why there are people who believe they need to have their AR 15 dripping wet? When I had to clean M16A1 in Army ROTC, I wasn't asked to drench it with oil. I agree with this old timer and Vietnam vet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv8VFOY6bGo7y6_X9y0uNJA

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    They probably told you to give your rifle a girls name because that's the only piece of ass you were going to get for a long time. I'm assuming you didn't actually have sex with the rifle.

Sometimes people are wrong about things.

This was my way of subscribing to the firestorm...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    APG tested this in and found more lube is always better.

My experience and testing has shown me the same.

Generous amounts of lubricant reduces wear, and allows fouling to be displaced.

People often OVER clean and underlubricate. People need to do the opposite.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    lol, Omegared24. It was Army not Marine Corps. ;-) We don't give girly name to our rifles.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Generous amount of lubricant mixing with particles of carbon will give you good sanding material right? That will help wearing the metal down further.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Generous amount of lubricant mixing with particles of carbon will give you good sanding material right? That will help wearing the metal down further.

What's better a deadlined fouled and dry weapon or one that is lubricated generously which cycles when fouled with outside contaminates?

Sounds like your mind is made up.

Lube however you like. I teach this stuff to those that want to learn. I'm not wasting time on those that don't know what they don't know.

Good day.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Not as well as carbon fouling, grit and miscellaneous contaminants mixed in, does to dry metal.
    I follow Cad's advice, with liberal amounts of red Mobil 1 grease on the bolt, Mobil 1 or CLP inside the bolt and on the pins.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    APG tested this in and found more lube is always better.

My experience and testing has shown me the same.

Generous amounts of lubricant reduces wear, and allows fouling to be displaced.

People often OVER clean and underlubricate. People need to do the opposite.

Ever since adopting the "CLP" (Clandestine Lube Protocol) I have personally witnessed much less wear, and easier cleaning. And when I say cleaning, like once in a blue moon. The gun is self cleaning in the parts where it matters.

Cover the wear spots with synthetic grease, and dip that BCG in oil!!!!!!!!! :party29:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ever since adopting the "CLP" (Clandestine Lube Protocol) I have personally witnessed much less wear, and easier cleaning. And when I say cleaning, like once in a blue moon. The gun is self cleaning in the parts where it matters.

Cover the wear spots with synthetic grease, and dip that BCG in oil!!!!!!!!! :party29:

:lol:

Clandestine Lube Protocol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom