• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Man, I love new gun days.

picked up keltec sub2k today. Hopefully will get to shoot it this weekend, but have to work tomorrow. this one takes the beretta mags and will be a companion to my 92fs. It was sort of an impulse purchase, but I was sold the minute I found out Beretta makes 30 round mags for the 92fs now... picked up 2 of those. since this is going to be a knock around gun, I am thinking about maybe putting a krylon camo job on it... but will probably just shoot it for a while before doing anything drastic.

Stuck a Magpul airsoft angled foregrip on it. Tandemkross is working on a fiber optic sight for the gen 2's, they said should be available by October, will definitely be adding that when it's available.

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Bought one today

I bought one today in 9MM from Gunbroker - did the transfer at Arthurs Shooting Supplies in Berlin, MD. Takes Beretta 92 mags. Took it to Gun Smoke range and ran 100 rounds though it. LOT of fun. Some type of optic is next. Very pleased with this gun - and it folds up and fits in the small safe I have!

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    Check out M*Carbo and few other places for upgrades. The Keltec Owners Group (thektog.org) is a good source on parts.

I have the M*Carbo trigger spring kit, metal trigger guard, double charging handle and sling mount as well as the Wicked flat metal trigger, buffer cover, recoil buffer insert and Keltec heavy buffer. about to add the extended mag release and stainless feed ramp.

Gun is a lot of fun to shoot, especially suppressed using 147 or 158 grain 9mm. My only issue is that the front sight post is visibly off to the left due to the front sight itself not being perfectly vertical. Just have to watch my sight alignment is all.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I do not recommend the mcarbo charging handle. I witnessed one snap in half, leaving the base of the handle stuck inside the bolt, making the gun essentially useless.

I use a Twisted Industries Sumo handle on mine.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Check out M*Carbo and few other places for upgrades. The Keltec Owners Group (thektog.org) is a good source on parts.

I have the M*Carbo trigger spring kit, metal trigger guard, double charging handle and sling mount as well as the Wicked flat metal trigger, buffer cover, recoil buffer insert and Keltec heavy buffer. about to add the extended mag release and stainless feed ramp.

Gun is a lot of fun to shoot, especially suppressed using 147 or 158 grain 9mm. My only issue is that the front sight post is visibly off to the left due to the front sight itself not being perfectly vertical. Just have to watch my sight alignment is all.

I tore into mine and added all the mcarbo guts, including extended mag release, aluminum trigger and trigger guard and all the springs. I kept the stock charging handle but added the mcarbo rubber sleeve to it and now it's much more comfortable. I just ordered their stainless steel feed ramp (should be here today) so I guess I have to go into it again for that, then it'll be done for a while. MCARBO took the trigger from 10lb awful to 5lb acceptable.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I do not recommend the mcarbo charging handle. I witnessed one snap in half, leaving the base of the handle stuck inside the bolt, making the gun essentially useless.

I use a Twisted Industries Sumo handle on mine.

Mine broke too, right in the middle of a steel shoot at DPFG.
    MCRBO is aware of the problem and has rectified it.

I received my new one at no charge today. Top notch customer service!

Here is the email I received from them:
    David,
    Thank you for contacting me directly. I completely understand your frustration and disappointment. We're just as disappointed with this. This is unacceptable and we're working to correct the issue.

We've had a handful break exactly like this and that's a handful too many.

We've made some design modifications and selected a better stress proof steel for the next batch. Can I send you another one for now, then a new and improved part when they next batch is completed?

Your feedback helps and we greatly appreciate it.

We guarantee all of our parts and will make improvements to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you again,

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    My stainless feed ramp came in the mail yesterday, I got it installed last night along with the replacement sear spring Mcarbo also sent me to replace the one from them that decided to launch itself into some dark corner of my workshop never to be seen again.

raining today, so short list of chores... FINALLY got this thing to the range... took a couple hundred rounds of Winchester white box 9mm with me, along with my beretta 92 since the mags are shared. Flawless performance. I did have to crank the front sight hard to the left to get it lined up at 50 yards, but elevation was right about spot on. thing was surprisingly accurate at 50 yards even with the crappy sights so I may not even mess with them. my calibrated index finger says the trigger is down to about Mcarbo's advertised 5lb pull from the horrible stock 10lb pull.

I really like the fact that it's sharing mags with my beretta 92... and it sure was a conversation piece from the couple people at the range who had never seen one...

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Mine came today with the polishing kit. I'll be giving it a try with the dremel later.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I am looking forward to reports on the ss ramp. Have not had any problem with the stock ramp, but I do love to polish the ramps in all my tools.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Good grief, these is the hardest screws to remove. I've got all but 2 of the little bastards out. The aluminum grip pins just turn with the screws, & no matter how I try to hold the pin, it won't budge. According to videos, it should be as easy as sticking a hex wrench in the other side to hold the pin. Nope. You guys figure it out?

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Good grief, these is the hardest screws to remove. I've got all but 2 of the little bastards out. The aluminum grip pins just turn with the screws, & no matter how I try to hold the pin, it won't budge. According to videos, it should be as easy as sticking a hex wrench in the other side to hold the pin. Nope. You guys figure it out?

one of mine stuck also. but I was able to get the other side out, and all the others, and the grip was still able to pull apart. once apart I was able to get pliers on the pin so I could get the screw out.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks Steve. In the mean time I ordered MCarbo's replacement screw & pin set. I'm sure the problem with the stock set is steel screws in aluminium pins.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, I finished the disassembly, installed the new feed ramp, & reassembly. Took about a week though, cuz the gremlins took the tiny spring that goes in with the detent on the safety. Ordered a few from Kel Tec, they shipped a few extra over what I ordered, guess they figured I'd lose a few more before I got it together. Anyway, I have a few extra now if you guys lose one & need it.

By the way, this video from MCarbo was a big help to me.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    So, I finished the disassembly, installed the new feed ramp, & reassembly. Took about a week though, cuz the gremlins took the tiny spring that goes in with the detent on the safety. Ordered a few from Kel Tec, they shipped a few extra over what I ordered, guess they figured I'd lose a few more before I got it together. Anyway, I have a few extra now if you guys lose one & need it.

By the way, this video from MCarbo was a big help to me.

I have done the MCARBO trigger/guard update as well. Not hard. And really improves the shootability of the gun. I can fix most things on a pinball machine, so that trigger job was nothing really. Their support is awesome.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I just installed the MCARBO Double Finger Extended Charging Handle on my SUB 2000. It is so much easier now to pull the bolt back and also to release it from the latched position

http://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/85-KEL-TEC-SUB-2000-Double-Finger-Extended-Charging-Handle.aspx

I got the lowest cost version (w/o rubber etc)

I keep looking at that and may add one also. for now I just got their rubber sleeve for the stock charging handle, which helps a lot but still a one finger operation. May have to give the double one another look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom