• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bornwinner

Mar 31, 2017
    Maryland
    MDshooters I need help I pick up my RIA 10mm 1911 (first 1911) today and put about 200rds thru it and now I'm in love just want to know what's the must have mods thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpg
      IMG_1315.jpg
      121.5 KB · Views: 341

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Unless there is something you don't like about it, or it's not running well, I wouldn't mess with it. Can spend a lot of $$ to often create issues for yourself.

That said, I would research the recoil spring weight that is in it and think about a heavier one if the factory is light and you're thinking about shooting high power 10mm loads out of it.

The 10mm is a great pistol round. Enjoy it and spend $$ on ammo rather than making mods to it.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Looks like it's already got the things I'd want: an ambidextrous safety, and a flat mainspring housing. How's the trigger?

If it's running okay, leave it be. Spend the cash on ammo and range time instead.

Bornwinner

Mar 31, 2017
    Maryland
    I have 2000rds on the way will be here tomorrow it ran great no complaints at all shot 200rds today and I feel like I traded on my g19gen4 already the trigger is just right for me like I said I'm in love i think I'm going see if I can put another 2-300 rds thru her in the next few days

Bornwinner

Mar 31, 2017
    Maryland
    Unless there is something you don't like about it, or it's not running well, I wouldn't mess with it. Can spend a lot of $$ to often create issues for yourself.

That said, I would research the recoil spring weight that is in it and think about a heavier one if the factory is light and you're thinking about shooting high power 10mm loads out of it.

The 10mm is a great pistol round. Enjoy it and spend $$ on ammo rather than making mods to it.

Ok thanks for the advice I'll leave what's good good don't want to make any problem

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Nice. I was wondering if Rock Island made a 10mm. If the trigger pull is good for you and it his where you aim I would not change anything. Pistol would look awesome with a set of stag grips.

Bornwinner

Mar 31, 2017
    Maryland
    Nice. I was wondering if Rock Island made a 10mm. If the trigger pull is good for you and it his where you aim I would not change anything. Pistol would look awesome with a set of stag grips.

It's where u aim I let one of the freestate employees fire her a few time and he wanted to buy it from me right then he couldn't stop talking about how good she performed

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I might have to check out a RIA. I have owned may handguns over the years and only a handful hit where I aimed the first time. I have a series 80 Colt that I cant hit sh#t with. I bought it brand new and shoot's 6 inches low.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Been wondering how decent RIA stuff is. What does one like that set ya back if ya don't mind me asking.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Not sure if I over paid but 650 and I'm happy with the purchase so that 650 well spent to me

:thumbsup:
    I don't know if you overpaid or not, but if it works, shoots good and you like it, then you didn't overpay. I may have to look into one of those one of these days.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    MDshooters I need help I pick up my RIA 10mm 1911 (first 1911) today and put about 200rds thru it and now I'm in love just want to know what's the must have mods thanks in advance
    Only issue I have seen is brass hitting slide on some of them vice ejecting cleanly. Otherwise good shooting gun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I have a RIA 1911 in 9mm and love it. Had to send it back to the manufacturer twice when I first got it, but once they finally fixed the problem,it has run flawlessly. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I converted mine to 45acp. That was a fun project. Now I can shoot either caliber by swapping the slides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom