• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , Line #14 is my fault. I didn't include the county in the mailing address of ( Sheriff's Name) , Sheriff of (my county). I thought it was redundent which county a County Sheriff of said county was located, but ok, instructions are instructions are instructions. My bad.

But line #9 ?? Says list all responsible persons. But it's only me, and I already listed myself . Do I need to list myself twice ?

After I do what needs doing, and send it back, does that restart the clock for another 40 days ? I've got somthing going on that's been hanging fire waiting for the 003 . If the full +/- 6 weeks again, I'm going to have to abandon Plan C , and come up with a Plan D , maybe a Plan E .

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yes, you list yourself as the responsible person. Garandgear.com has an excellent 03FFL walk-through on how to properly fill out the forms.

As for restarting the clock. Call the licensing division and see if they can put you in touch with the agent that was working on your form. When you talk to them, ask how to make sure your forms go directly to them. It'll help expedite it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But I did list myself, hence my headscratching.

So that is (re)start waiting at the bottom of the pile, unless I try to find a person to beg to ?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Alright, box 9 should be your full name, home addresses for the past five years, place of birth and date as well as a current phone number. In the second column, since you aren't a business, you need to enter "Collector", followed by your social security number. If you need more space (say you moved a lot or something like that), use a separate sheet with your name, address and social security number at the top of the page.

Not sure if it puts you completely at the bottom of the pile or not. Did they give you a new address to send it back to? Also, did you fill out the compliance form and send it too?

That's why I always tell people to pull up this page and use it as a reference when applying/renewing: http://www.garandgear.com/cnr_ffl_03

Jul 1, 2012
    Compliance form is only for additional "Responsible Person" not the initial individual....
    "If you're the only person on the license then you don't need to submit the 5330.20 form."

Not sure why/how you'd list additional people on one FFL-03, maybe you can list your spouse or someone else living on premises (?),
    since RP is really for a business not a collector.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    RP also goes for trusts. I'm a RP on a NFA trust, but again, doesn't count here.

I had my form sent back for no compliance form the first time I submitted. They stated everyone had to do them now. Not sure if it's changed again though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Update

I decide to roll the dice and send back with their stupid addition and hope it takes less than another 6 weeks. But a new problem arrises at the Post Office.

Their official return address printed on their Official Business stationary is :

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobbaco, Firearms And Explosives

Martinsburg, WV 25405

But the USPS will NOT accept that as a valid mailing address . The phone number on the letter just goes to Voice Mail , not a switchboard or receptionist . So I'll have to find the address, and have Biggfootette take it to PO while I'm at work ( hopefully) tommorow.

So what is their stinking Street Address ?

Jul 1, 2012
    From
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instructions-form-7-application-federal-firearms-license

The applicant only needs to submit copy 1 along with supporting documents to the address listed below. Copies 2 and 4 may be retained for the applicant's record. Copy 3 must be submitted to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed is located. Copy 1 should be mailed with payment, and one photograph and fingerprint card for each Responsible Person listed on the application to:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    PO Box 409567
    Atlanta, Georgia
    30384-9567
    USA

the same address is also on the back of the application form instruction sheet.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...ral-firearms-license-atf-form-531012/download

(note the photo and fingerprints are not required for the FFL-03)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now my head explodes !

The letter is from

Amy Underwood
    Martinsburg, WV

And requests corrected form returned within 30days of ( July 27 ).

Do I ignore her letter and send to Atlanta ? Send copies to both locations ? Write off the first MO , and send another MO to Atlanta ?

Jul 1, 2012
    Beats me!
    I would have thought they'd send the MO back too, so it seems some agent is sitting on the edge of their chair waiting for you to return a corrected copy :)
    (and thus GA is probably not where you want to send it).
    It seems incredible they wouldn't have a correct return address for you to use if that's the case, but then...

Take a step back, take a deep breath, and try getting in touch with the licensing division again and/or Ms Underwood.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    West Virginia area code .

My experience with LD Sgts is that voice mail = go away and don't bother me .

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Now my head explodes !

The letter is from

Amy Underwood
    Martinsburg, WV

And requests corrected form returned within 30days of ( July 27 ).

Do I ignore her letter and send to Atlanta ? Send copies to both locations ? Write off the first MO , and send another MO to Atlanta ?

Here's where you send it:

Federal Firearms Licensing Center
    Attn: Amy Underwood
    244 Needy Road
    Martinsburg, WV 25405

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    FWIW, All licensing takes place in Martinsburg. The Atlanta Address is simply a clearinghouse for the BATFE's mail. It goes there to be sorted and then forwarded to the various agencies within the BATFE. Martinsburg handles ALL licensing.

My contact with them has been great in the past. Especially dealing with the Firearms Technology Branch for opinions and instructions on how to submit samples for C&R status (was trying to get the PHP MV variants listed but they weren't on the MD roster at the time and then FSA-2013 screwed things up even more so I couldn't get ahold of one to ship to them before the stocks dried up.) Only people in the Firearms industry I've dealt with that have been nicer were the guys at the NRA HQ Museum.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    From
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instructions-form-7-application-federal-firearms-license

The applicant only needs to submit copy 1 along with supporting documents to the address listed below. Copies 2 and 4 may be retained for the applicant's record. Copy 3 must be submitted to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed is located. Copy 1 should be mailed with payment, and one photograph and fingerprint card for each Responsible Person listed on the application to:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    PO Box 409567
    Atlanta, Georgia
    30384-9567
    USA

the same address is also on the back of the application form instruction sheet.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...ral-firearms-license-atf-form-531012/download

(note the photo and fingerprints are not required for the FFL-03)

I bookmarked this and many other pages I found in the FAQ's thread. Searching, bookmarking, creating files on subjects is a lost art.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Finally !

Finally arrived in mailbox, but with no instructions.

I know to make copies . I know I need a bound book . What is needed/ wise for a book, size, type of lines, etc ? ( Dead tree book, I don't trust electronic. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom