• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    For the ever loving sake of all that is holy. If you go to a Wear and Carry course. Don't have a freaking accidental discharge that almost shoots your leg! The guy missed everyone but apparently "peppered 3 people" with the dirt from the bullet that he shot into the ground.

It's hard enough for most people to get one in Maryland, this shit isn't making it easier.

</rant> thank you, drive thru.

Those of you that are cerious how to get one: here's what the MDSP sees as G&S causes as of Aug 2019. There are other exceptions, but these are the ones they are willing to publish. CLICK HERE

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Our instructors handled an 7-man, 1-woman class in a classroom, and then handled all practical stuff at the range in 1-on-1 time over the course of a day. Safer that way.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Were you aware that in Free America people need not take a class? And yet out of the 15+ million licensed CCW holders, all classroom accidents have happened in a class. I say ban classes to "earn" a CCW permit, they are clearly unsafe!

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    It says "personal protection" is a category. Doesn't that cover the vast majority of people wanting W&C?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    It says "personal protection" is a category. Doesn't that cover the vast majority of people wanting W&C?

You would think. But that would also imply that people actually do think, which is clearly a false assumption.

My understanding is that "personal protection" only applies if you have a documented death threat or otherwise have something in writing showing you are at severe risk of harm.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    When I did my re-qualification earlier this year, There where a few older 65+ guys that didn't exactly have what I would call safe handling skills. The instructor kept a close eye on them, and yes they passed.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    There were several "security guards" in one of my W&C classes that had clearly never handled a firearm before. One of them had to be repeatedly reminded to keep her finger off the trigger during the classroom portion and I got muzzle swept multiple times... Everyone kept a weary eye on her at the range and there were no issues.

I'm all for Constitutional carry and not requiring training, but incidents like this make me question my stance on the issue.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    For the ever loving sake of all that is holy. If you go to a Wear and Carry course. Don't have a freaking accidental discharge that almost shoots your leg! The guy missed everyone but apparently "peppered 3 people" with the dirt from the bullet that he shot into the ground.

It's hard enough for most people to get one in Maryland, this shit isn't making it easier.

</rant> thank you, drive thru.

Those of you that are cerious how to get one: here's what the MDSP sees as G&S causes as of Aug 2019. There are other exceptions, but these are the ones they are willing to publish. CLICK HERE

"Category 3" (Top Secret or higher) shows their fundamental lack of understanding. TS is the highest sensitivity/clearance level; "compartments" are designated within all the sensitivity/clearance levels. Thus, if I routinely access SECRET//HUMINT (or even CONFIDENTIAL//HUMINT), my risk level is higher than with TS Collateral.

The level of ignorance simply ASTOUNDS me. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom