KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    AGCAS 3 GUN Match​

What: 3 Gun Match
    When: Saturday, November 9th, 2019
    Where: AGC Action Shooting Bays 3 - 6
    Who: AGC Badge Holders and Guests
    Why: If you have to ask, then just stay home!!!

Shooters must Register on Practiscore.com

https://practiscore.com/associated-gun-clubs-3-gun-nov-9-2019-clone/register

There will be 4 stages and each squad will be limited to 12 shooters.

AGCAS Multi Gun Events will be governed by the Mid Atlantic Multi Gun Rules

http://nebula.wsimg.com/5f6aef720c5ff0535a7f4119c14ed2dc?AccessKeyId=AA5794DCCFFD38D924E2&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

This is a fun match and we are very friendly to new shooters. Come on out, give it a try. Don't worry if you don't have a shotgun set up for three gun, we will find one for you to use. Just make sure that you have a good retention holster and magazine pouches.

We look forward to seeing everyone on November 9th

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Round count for each firearm?

Maximum anticipated range for rifle?

Ammo/caliber requirements/restrictions for each?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Approx. Round Count
    Pistol - 100-125
    Rifle - 75-100
    Shot Shell 50 - 75

Ammo information is in the rule set.

He's actually got me here. It was not in there until I saw his post. Thought I responded back to this thread but must not have.

Thanks for the feedback. We are still relatively new at this.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    He's actually got me here. It was not in there until I saw his post. Thought I responded back to this thread but must not have.

Thanks for the feedback. We are still relatively new at this.

Shell count is kind of high, but the rifle and pistol round count is about average for a 3-gun match. Are you using the same stages as the steel shoot? They don't look that long. If I had my way, any match that doesn't go beyond 100 yards for rifle should allow PCCs for rifle. But that's just me :D

I'm really tempted to shoot this, HM division. If it wasn't 4 hours of driving for me.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Shell count is kind of high, but the rifle and pistol round count is about average for a 3-gun match. Are you using the same stages as the steel shoot? They don't look that long. If I had my way, any match that doesn't go beyond 100 yards for rifle should allow PCCs for rifle. But that's just me :D

I'm really tempted to shoot this, HM division. If it wasn't 4 hours of driving for me.

Have not designed the stages yet, and so the ammo estimates are "better safe than sorry."

I see nowhere in the rules that says you CANNOT use a PCC as a rifle. Is this something that is not typically allowed? I would not be opposed to it, unless of course that goes against the grain in some way; in which case we would like to avoid setting that precedent.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Have not designed the stages yet, and so the ammo estimates are "better safe than sorry."

I see nowhere in the rules that says you CANNOT use a PCC as a rifle. Is this something that is not typically allowed? I would not be opposed to it, unless of course that goes against the grain in some way; in which case we would like to avoid setting that precedent.

I think every major organization rule set I've seen requires a minimum rifle caliber in rifles, and some have power factor floors. The rule set you have posted mentions rifle calibers with a minimum of 5.45x39. That would indicate pistol calibers are not allowed.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I think every major organization rule set I've seen requires a minimum rifle caliber in rifles, and some have power factor floors. The rule set you have posted mentions rifle calibers with a minimum of 5.45x39. That would indicate pistol calibers are not allowed.

Gotcha. I didn’t see that when I quickly scanned though the rules while getting ready this morning. What page is it on?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's section 3.2. Also, most PCCs have standard magazine capacity of at least 31 rounds. Use of those would require the competitor to run in Open.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD

I shoot with the club that made the Mid Atlantic Ruleset(previously FN Rules) PCC is allowed if the MD does a seperate stage breif for PCC allowing different target engagements. You should prob add this later after you guys get several matches under your belt and a good feel for stage design.It will only add complexity to the match design.
    Glad to see another club picking up 3 gun. Good Luck!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I'm looking to just do 2 gun. How does that work? I just skip on past the shotgun stuff during the transition between guns during the stage?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'm looking to just do 2 gun. How does that work? I just skip on past the shotgun stuff during the transition between guns during the stage?

Yes, well basically yes. Many of the stages have targets that can be engaged with either a pistol or a shotgun. On those stages, you will just use your pistol. There are only a few targets that are shotgun only, typically aerial birds.

If you would like, you can also being a few boxes of shotgun shells and I will find someone on your squad to let you use their shotgun. This is pretty common.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    It's section 3.2. Also, most PCCs have standard magazine capacity of at least 31 rounds. Use of those would require the competitor to run in Open.

The way the rules are enforced is that you can have a larger mag as long as you dont load over division capacity in a rifle.

AR mag extensions are allowed but no more than 30 in the mag at any time.
    Same with a PCC. Longer mag allows gun support in some prone stages. It's not uncommon for some guys to shoot a 40 rnd mag with only 30 rounds on a prone or rooftop simulator stage to elevate the gun supported by the mag.

Tac Ops with a shotgun you can have a tube that holds more than 9 but you can have more than 9 in it from the start. Load as many as you want after the timer goes off.

Pistols may not have a mag length larger than 140mm in Tac ops no matter what.

Understand?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm not 100% sure which division I want to be in, so I just registered in Tactical Scope to make sure I have a spot. It looks like Practiscore will let me change my division myself, which is nice. I'm tempted by Heavy Metal, but have a couple division/equipment questions.

1) Somewhere (I guess it was in another thread), I'm pretty sure I read that Heavy Metal is pump shotgun only. I don't see that restriction in the Mid-Atlantic rules.

2)Can I use my M1A? I remember previous action shoots at AGC having restrictions (I'm sure I've seen "No AK's" before, but, not having an AK, I never paid that much mind). The confirmation email I got from Practiscore did not list any specific prohibitions other than no AR pistols or AP ammo.

3) Can I use my PTR32? It is an HK-style 7.62x39. I have completely non-magnetic ammo I would use.

I just don't want to bring the wrong toys to the party ;)
    Thanks.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I'm not 100% sure which division I want to be in, so I just registered in Tactical Scope to make sure I have a spot. It looks like Practiscore will let me change my division myself, which is nice.
    Same here, just registered. The only rifle I have with a good zero has an ACOG so that’ll be it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm not the match organizer, but I did annoy him quite a bit in the last thread for some answers.

1) Somewhere (I guess it was in another thread), I'm pretty sure I read that Heavy Metal is pump shotgun only. I don't see that restriction in the Mid-Atlantic rules.
    It's not in the rules. It is a bit inexplicable, and essentially makes pump guns a terrible choice in all classes. If you are purely gaming, you're better off just doing 2 gun division than bringing a pump gun (or a semi with a short tube).

2)Can I use my M1A? I remember previous action shoots at AGC having restrictions (I'm sure I've seen "No AK's" before, but, not having an AK, I never paid that much mind). The confirmation email I got from Practiscore did not list any specific prohibitions other than no AR pistols or AP ammo.
    Yes.

3) Can I use my PTR32? It is an HK-style 7.62x39. I have completely non-magnetic ammo I would use.
    Yes. Last time I asked, there were no restrictions on using bimetal jacket ammo at the AGC 3 Gun match, which makes it a bit of a unicorn. There is no reason you cannot use 7.62x39 - just make sure it's not steel core.

Please remember that maximum range is like... 50 yards. Holdovers are not going to be a thing, and 308 is just going to weigh you down outside of Heavy Metal.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    1. Takes more than asking a question to annoy me. Sorry if I came off that way.

2. Not sure why, but Mid Atlantic Rules do not specify the type of shotgun action that is to be used in Heavy Metal. We have very few that register for this division and may very well eliminate it next time around (unless there is a protest or someone wont attend because of it)

3. I don't care what type of rifle you use as long as it fits into the ammo restrictions, which admittedly aren't all that restrictive. No steel core and you are good.

At the end of the day, if a shooter ruins a target or does something that could cause harm to another person, then that shooter will be DQ'd and asked to pay for the damage (typically in excess of $100). If the DQ'd shooter refuses to pay for the ruined prop, then they wont be invited back.

On another note, we just made a trip to PA during the monsoon yesterday and bought a bunch of cool new props/carnival games. We now have plenty to run four stages and therefore have added a 4th squad.

That said, we still have 11 spots open on practiscore.com Spread the word. The more shooters we get, the more $$$ we have to spend on future matches. We are currently exploring ways to make the bays 180 degree ranges. Its going to be expensive.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    2. Not sure why, but Mid Atlantic Rules do not specify the type of shotgun action that is to be used in Heavy Metal. We have very few that register for this division and may very well eliminate it next time around (unless there is a protest or someone wont attend because of it
    I don't think Heavy Metal is a bad division to have around, but the rules for it need an update. Make it pump gun only, and allow a reflex sight on the rifle. This would open up the number of people who could/would shoot it substantially, I suspect. Who maintains the rule set?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I don't think Heavy Metal is a bad division to have around, but the rules for it need an update. Make it pump gun only, and allow a reflex sight on the rifle. This would open up the number of people who could/would shoot it substantially, I suspect. Who maintains the rule set?

I believe the guys up at York IWLA had a heavy hand in writing these rules. I am certain that there is a reason but I do not know what it is. I will see if I can find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom