• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-md-co-towson-row-incentives-20171204-story.html

To support its assistance plan, the Kamenetz administration is relying on an economic report it commissioned from the Sage Policy Group that said that public assistance is necessary for a “transformative” redevelopment project such as Towson Row.

Sage Policy Group specializes in writing reports to satisfy politicians pre-ordained conclusions about pet projects.

Note that the report will not say "project is not viable at market rates" - the report will say "needs taxpayer money"

I am sure it has nothing to do with

Kamenetz, a Democrat who also is running for governor

Overall, supporting cronies who will support his campaign, while burning your hard earned money on a project that is not viable... sounds like he is a good fit for a Democrat gov in this state.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I remember another Baltimore County Executive who ran for Governor, then Vice President, only to resign in disgrace because of contractor kick-backs he received as a lowly County Executive.

Spiro Agnew

Beginning in early 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on suspicion of conspiracy, bribery, extortion and tax fraud. Agnew had accepted payments from contractors during his time as a Maryland official, and the payments had continued into his time as vice president.
    351209101161.jpg

Careful Kevin, karma is a biatch ... and your first name doesn't rhyme with hero :innocent0

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma.../bs-md-towson-row-council-20171208-story.html

Bodian questioned how the county can afford to give money up front to developers at the same time that residents are told money is tight when it comes to county funding for projects such as new schools.

“This is tax money that all of us across the county have been paying for basic services, for schools, for roads, for infrastructure upgrades that need to be done — but there’s not enough money,” she said.

Klaus Philipsen, an architect who writes a blog about development issues in the Baltimore region, said there’s a lack of transparency in the Towson Row deal.

lack of transparency, shocking!

Also, not saying that there is a link, but
    Greenberg Gibbons officials say the project needs the financial assistance from the county in order to secure funding from its main investor, a pension fund in California.

California pension funds generally support Democrat causes for their own sake. Any dereliction of fiduciary duty (and there is a lot!) falls back on CA taxpayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom