• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    Are there any hunters that aren't disabled? Never seen so many 4 wheelers and pickups driven through the fields and woods. Just saw another one with his pickup 50 yards from his stand. Retards. "There's just not the deer there used to be"

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Are there any hunters that aren't disabled? Never seen so many 4 wheelers and pickups driven through the fields and woods. Just saw another one with his pickup 50 yards from his stand. Retards. "There's just not the deer there used to be"

Happened to me number of times during my elk season...two came through then they come back an hour or so later...If you didnt see something the first time you sure arent going to see anything the second!:sad20:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Roger. Copy all.

Having made that point abundantly and receiving concurrence, maybe we can mention the upside of real disabled folks hunting.

I have hunted with a one legged diabetic. I have hunted with a quadriplegic (thalidomide) who had artificial legs and arms/hooks. I have also hunted with a wheelchair bound fellow whose son rigged a trigger apparatus for both crossbow and shotgun that worked when he blew into a tube. Those guys were all humbling. They were guys who just wanted to be outdoors and in camp enjoying as much of the tradition...our tradition as they could.

The useless sacks who don't walk or stalk into the woods are not deserving to be called hunters.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Roger. Copy all.

Having made that point abundantly and receiving concurrence, maybe we can mention the upside of real disabled folks hunting.

I have hunted with a one legged diabetic. I have hunted with a quadriplegic (thalidomide) who had artificial legs and arms/hooks. I have also hunted with a wheelchair bound fellow whose son rigged a trigger apparatus for both crossbow and shotgun that worked when he blew into a tube. Those guys were all humbling. They were guys who just wanted to be outdoors and in camp enjoying as much of the tradition...our tradition as they could.

The useless sacks who don't walk or stalk into the woods are not deserving to be called hunters.

:thumbsup:Ive had most stalks on elk messed up this season than any other, because of people on atv or in trucks driving where they should have been walking...

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Roger. Copy all.

Thank God they pulled THAT poison!

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Roger. Copy all.

This.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I guess I'm not a real hunter, Ive ridden in on combines, boats, 4 wheelers, farm tractors and pick up trucks. Ill also continue to do so using the best tools that are available for the distance terrain that I want to cover. Went back with my buddy on an argo last night through some of the most god awful mess you would ever want to encounter. That 1.5 miles to the big pond in Griffith neck is a bitch. Somebody gets hurt back in there that's where your going to stay.
    I do however always try to hit the last few feet to my stand on foot. (As long as its inside twenty paces) LOL being facetious.
    Just for anybody that's wondering, I will concur that riding to a stand on a twenty acre farmette is pretty weak unless there is a physical limitation involved, but even if there's not who really cares? Use the dumbness to your advantage or go someplace where you can walk in only.
    The only thing you have to ask yourself is, do I let that 15" 8 pointer walk or check my box because the bunch next store will flatten him in a NYS.

Using a broad brush to paint every hunter as a retard is a pretty broad statement just because they use some sort of vehicle to get where they're going. I do not walk to the farms I hunt, why would I park the vehicle a mile away from where I'm going to sit unless I had to? Thats a stupid and amateurish strategy. I'm whitetail or Sika deer hunting not going for some sort of elusive ghost species in the Amazon.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I think there's the folks that need a checkup from the neck up whose handicap is mental or emotional (by that I mean they're lazy knuckleheads as opposed to folks who have true/legit mental or emotional challenges). They (the "check up from the neck up" crowd) instead just lazy and or ignorant. No helping them. The up side is you can mostly tell them from a mile away...

Then I believe there's folks with legitimate physical challenges. I find most if not all of them have more heart and drive than many who don't have challenges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom