Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Friday 1-7PM
    Saturday 9AM-6PM
    Sunday 9AM-4PM
    2000+ Tables

Expo Center at Oaks
    ​100 Station Ave Oaks, PA 19456

I"ve gone several times over the years, and this is a big show. Bigger than Chantilly for sure. Close to double.

Yup, its a long drive for most Marylanders.

I"m likely headed up Saturday. FYI, there is a huge mall in King of Prussia (2nd largest in the USA) if you need to give someone else in your family something to do.

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. But I am confused on the legality of Marylanders purchasing at out of state gun shows.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. But I am confused on the legality of Marylanders purchasing at out of state gun shows.

You follow federal laws (guys you can correct me if I get anything wrong)

Gun shows really are not any special case. (there is no Gun show loop hole!)
    You may not purchase a Banned in MD long gun from anywhere, even from another state, that is always maintained.
    Long guns/shot guns can be purchased out of the state of residence from an FFL in another state. They will have you fill out a 4473 and do a NICS check. that is the same process that is followed whether you do it at a show, or go to their shop. So as a MD resident, I can go to PA and buy a long gun (again, one that is not banned in MD) at a gun show or at the FFL's Shop.
    Note that in some cases, an FFL/Dealer in another state will NOT sell to residents of other states just cause they find the MD laws hard to follow (ie they don't want to do the research)

You can not buy from a non-ffl from another state. (unless its C&R and you are a C&R FFL03 holder)

If you are a C&R FFL03 holder, you CAN buy ANY Long gun or Pistol that is not Banned in MD. Since a C&R Pistol does not have to be on the MD handgun roster, that C&R FFL03 holder can buy anything on the spot, following all C&R procedures (provided to you when you get a C&R FFL03)

IF you were buying a Pistol and its not within the guidelines of a C&R FFL purchase you would have to have it sent to a MD FFL then do the transfer at their shop.

Often if a MD FFL is on site, you can have the seller walk it over to that FFL and have them do the Transfer to you in MD. This saves shipping costs and sometimes sales tax. The MD FFL has to agree to this and will charge you a fee. This is often done in Va and more local PA shows. Don't know if any MD FFL will be at this one or not

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    I'll be honest, I have not been a fan of Oaks. I've been to probably three shows there and have seen a good deal on guns only once and that was at the Surplus City Guns table...Remington 870 police trade ins for like $250. SCG doesn't go to Oaks anymore and you can get police trade ins from their store when they have them.

I have seen good deals on ammo cans regularly at Oaks. I recommend you go once to see it but I would be surprised if you felt it was worth going back again.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This may be the last time to hit a show if places start cancelling.
    That and the MACA

The yearly major show my work goes to in April has now been cancelled.
    I don't go anymore but have to run around prepping equipment for it.
    They likely cancelled it cause its attended by a small % of people from all over the world

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I just checked the Eagle Arms website, and it now reports the March 13, 14, 15 show is CANCELLED.

Eagle Arms cites local government action as the basis for the cancellation.

At this time, the expo center website does not mention the cancellation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom