• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    How will the crowd at Hap Baker be tomorrow morning, since its the Saturday before gun season. I know they open at 10 and if I get there right at 10 or a few min before will I pretty much get a lane? Its a 50 min drive for me and I just don't want to get out there and have to wait for someone to finish there whole shooting session. If it is going to be a mad house, I could go next Saturday which I would guess would be less crowded since its opening day of gun season.

I just got a new rifle for hunting season and want to sight it in before I go. I want to swap scopes on my other deer rifles. I have gone to Baltimore Co Game and Fish for their sight-in's which have been good but their last one was last weekend.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Yea... I saw that too, but the relevant info is still there...

I would imagine its not free, is there a cost per rifle? I would be sighting 3 rifles if I do the switch and the drive is comparable. I know BCG&F have guys there with spotting scopes to help you sight in. I don't necessarily need that but it wouldn't hurt.

Also would still appreciate any input on the crowds first thing in the morning at Hap Baker. In case I decide to take some pistols or additional rifles.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    How will the crowd at Hap Baker be tomorrow morning, since its the Saturday before gun season. I know they open at 10 and if I get there right at 10 or a few min before will I pretty much get a lane? Its a 50 min drive for me and I just don't want to get out there and have to wait for someone to finish there whole shooting session. If it is going to be a mad house, I could go next Saturday which I would guess would be less crowded since its opening day of gun season.

I just got a new rifle for hunting season and want to sight it in before I go. I want to swap scopes on my other deer rifles. I have gone to Baltimore Co Game and Fish for their sight-in's which have been good but their last one was last weekend.

You gotta get there 30-40 minutes before they open most weekends and I imagine opening weekend you should expect 45 minutes early minimum.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    You gotta get there 30-40 minutes before they open most weekends and I imagine opening weekend you should expect 45 minutes early minimum.

Thank you, looks like I will be leaning towards AGC then.

I found a post from 2015 about the AGC hunter sight in and looks like its $5 a gun and they provide targets and assistance if you choose. Not sure if anything has changed.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thank you, looks like I will be leaning towards AGC then.

I found a post from 2015 about the AGC hunter sight in and looks like its $5 a gun and they provide targets and assistance if you choose. Not sure if anything has changed.

Yes, targets and spotting scopes will be on site. Help definitely available. Same fee I'm almost certain.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If it doesn't work out for whatever reason I'm off next Wednesday and Friday and you can be a guest at my range. I need to sight in two rifles also.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Is this a crowded event, best time to get there ? Used to be a member but with 2 small children this got cut unfortunately.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Did all work out for you?

I didn't end up getting there until about 12 but it ended up being a pretty good time as there was only 1 other guy sighting at 50 yards when I got there. When I left about an hour later, there were 4 or 5 guys sighting or waiting.

I only ended up sighting 2 of my 3 rifles because I over tightened on of my scope rings and stripped it out when I was swapping scopes, however I did sight the new gun I want to use for rifle so I was happy with it.

They had three sets of targets set up at 25, 50, and 100 yards. The guys I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. If the range was a little closer to me, I would most likely be a member.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I didn't end up getting there until about 12 but it ended up being a pretty good time as there was only 1 other guy sighting at 50 yards when I got there. When I left about an hour later, there were 4 or 5 guys sighting or waiting.

I only ended up sighting 2 of my 3 rifles because I over tightened on of my scope rings and stripped it out when I was swapping scopes, however I did sight the new gun I want to use for rifle so I was happy with it.

They had three sets of targets set up at 25, 50, and 100 yards. The guys I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. If the range was a little closer to me, I would most likely be a member.

Good.

Stripped out threads on a scope...it's always something. Ok, overall it worked out...great.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Good.

Stripped out threads on a scope...it's always something. Ok, overall it worked out...great.

Tell me about it, first i stripped the threads on the rings. I was able to find a set of rings I had laying around, then the scope did not line up with the rings with the 2 piece weaver mount that was mounted. I ordered a once piece mount and a new set of vortex rings and will mount and sight that in when I get some time after hunting season most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom