• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Post the pic around and hopefully we will get another video of a mom beating their child for seeing them on camera like the Bmore riot kid.

An hour response time sounds like G&S to me.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I now believe that the car was unlocked. I had a Viper alarm installed about 2 months ago and the installer is still working out some issues. When the lock button is hit on the alarm remote, it is supposed to lock the car and set the alarm. My wife was the last one in the car to get her cell phone when she forgot it in the car after dinner on Sunday. I see on the video that the lights flashed like when the alarm is armed.

This morning when I got to work, I hit the arm button and found that the alarm system it is no longer locking the car but is only setting the alarm. It works fine when I use the lock button on the key instead of the Viper key fob. I'll be back at the car alarm place very soon to get this corrected.

The camera is a Dahua 3MP POE camera. I'm planning to replace it with a 5MP GW Security POE camera this weekend. I've been running the 5MP on my workbench for a couple of weeks and it seems reliable. I like the 5MP camera because it allow me to adjust the zoom and focus during install.

I record multiple cameras to a 12TB Synology Server using their Surveillance Station software which I have found to be very solid.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Quite a shame. Lauraville used to be a very nice neighborhood. I loved right around the corner for a long time. Crime was a little lower when O'Douchebag lived off of Walther Blvd right there. Turned into a very liberal and "hip" area to live for a period of time, too.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Yes, Baltimore does have a 311 number. After meeting with a Baltimore Police Major, he advised us to use 911 so that there is a chance of catching these thieves.

At the time, the suspects were on foot and I knew that they went north on Montebello terrace.

In my previous experience, 311 response time = if nothing else is going on and when someone feels like dealing with the complaint. I called about a car abandoned in the middle of the street next to my house (not even pulled to the side - just in the middle of the street with the door ajar) about 6 months ago and it took over 1 day to flag down an officer who also told us to use 911 if there is any expectation that they will respond.

It seems that calling 911 is the only way to get prioritized over complaints about uncut grass, graffiti, trash on the curb, parking, etc. You can see the 311 complaints on the Baltimore 311 website and they also have an iPhone & Android phone app.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    The keypad lights up when you pull the door handle or touch it. I never use it and it is not set to any pattern. Also, the video shows him just opening the door. I'll get the video from the server tonight and post it to youtube along with the flash drive copy that will go to the police.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yes, Baltimore does have a 311 number. After meeting with a Baltimore Police Major, he advised us to use 911 so that there is a chance of catching these thieves.

At the time, the suspects were on foot and I knew that they went north on Montebello terrace.

In my previous experience, 311 response time = if nothing else is going on and when someone feels like dealing with the complaint. I called about a car abandoned in the middle of the street next to my house (not even pulled to the side - just in the middle of the street with the door ajar) about 6 months ago and it took over 1 day to flag down an officer who also told us to use 911 if there is any expectation that they will respond.

It seems that calling 911 is the only way to get prioritized over complaints about uncut grass, graffiti, trash on the curb, parking, etc. You can see the 311 complaints on the Baltimore 311 website and they also have an iPhone & Android phone app.

Yes and yes. I've been told to call 911 by the 311 operators before as well.
    Really sorry to hear you had to deal with this, OP. It'll catch up to them...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    About ten years ago I had the contents of two large cube vans stolen. I'm sure by a former employee. About $18000 worth of gear. Howard County Police would not even send an officer to my office. Theft from a vehicle, gave me a report number over the phone and that was that. Didn't want the name or any other info. Hell at least you got someone to show up.

Different jurisdictions, different rules I suppose. I had a tag stolen a few months ago. I tried to ask for a report # over the phone and they said they HAD to send an officer to do a report...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Doesn't Baltimore have a non emergency number one could call rather than 911. Seems like it wasn't an emergency by the time you called them.

311. That's for non-emergencies, like:
    Right of Way Permit Investigation
    Bulk Trash Pick up
    Illegal Parking Complaint
    Barking Dog
    Sewer investigation
    Water Bill Audit
    Notification by Text / Email
    Illegal Flyers on Private Property
    48 Hour Parking Complaint
    Smoking Ban Violations - Non Food Facility

I think the OP was justified to call 911.

Dec 31, 2012
    Quite a shame. Lauraville used to be a very nice neighborhood. I loved right around the corner for a long time. Crime was a little lower when O'Douchebag lived off of Walther Blvd right there. Turned into a very liberal and "hip" area to live for a period of time, too.

My friend(foreign national) was living in Lauraville 6 months ago due to the previous hip reputation of the place. He quickly realized it might not be what it used to be after he ended up in handcuffs during a police raid on his house looking for the former occupant. That and some other incidents gave him a few stories to tell since he has returned to his country of origin.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    311. That's for non-emergencies, like:
    Right of Way Permit Investigation
    Bulk Trash Pick up
    Illegal Parking Complaint
    Barking Dog
    Sewer investigation
    Water Bill Audit
    Notification by Text / Email
    Illegal Flyers on Private Property
    48 Hour Parking Complaint
    Smoking Ban Violations - Non Food Facility

I think the OP was justified to call 911.
    It's a little different here in MoCo I guess. There is a 311 for numerous gov services, but there is a dedicated MoCo police non emergency number one can call instead of tying up 911 resources on non emergency calls for service. 301-279-8000 will put you onto a recorded line with a police dispatcher for calls like these.

I guess the answer to my question is in Baltimore, use 911 if you need a police response regardless of priority.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd have to disagree about the "non emergency" number. Up here at least, I've called 911 a few times for car accidents and specifically asked to be transferred to a non-emergency number, they say there is no such thing.

Call in to one of the MSP barracks and see what kind of response you get. He thinks ~50 mins was bad, chances are they'd never even show up after 30 mins of deciding who's supposed to take care of it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Someone breaks into your car, might try the house next since nothing in the car, may still be lurking in the yard or nearby, call 911 that is what they are there for.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Are you sure that he wasn't just a friendly neighbor who noticed that your car was unlocked and decided to do you the favor of locking it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom