• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    That sounds worse. Hey 16 year old, got get a gun to turn in and you can get out of jail.

Police go get gun from gun dealer. Are gun dealers going to cooperate. Do you want criminals coming into your store who don't know how to handle guns.

This sounds stupid.

So is this the infamous Gun Store Loophole? Asking for a friend... :facepalm:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The County is considering joining some group, at $10k per year, to lobby gun companies to monitor where their guns are sold and to develop "safe" technologies.

The County Executive wants a recommendation from the rubber stamp Task Force.

I could easily pocket $10k to visit several LGSes to monitor sales. :D

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Looking for victim impact statements.

We could have a string of people stating "We will not comply. "

I have a friend that had to use a firearm to protect his property from being unlawfully taken by Jamie Benoit and some of his friends back when he was on the County Council.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    We need to make a sign that says “Bahama Islands” snap a pic of it somewhere on the Bay and invite some big names from the No I’m not going to say that. :)

They still (can) play a vital role.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    So, back in June, when it was announced that the Task Force subcommittees were going to be holding their own meetings, and that these meetings would be closed to the public, I asked if this was permitted. I contacted the Open Meetings Compliance Board. Yes, under our esteemed Attorney General.

I contacted the County. Ms. Purcell answered that the Task Force was covered by the Open Meetings Act as it was Government constituted. The subcommittees were not.

I asked the Compliance Board if this was correct. They replied that they would not answer without a formal complaint. So I submitted one.

The County and the State have responded.

TL: DR. Since a meeting was never actually held on the announced date, and it was just a phone call, there was no harm, no foul.

I'm also under the impression, following the July "Law subcommittee" meeting that their announced meeting this Thursday. 1 August, will be Liz B. stopping by Anne Leitess' office. There's one staff attorney who just wants a chance to glance up Liz' skirt and the two women who are really involved. Anyone else is along for the ride.

View attachment Gun Violence Task Force Response to Open Meetings Act Complaint FINAL PDF (00274646xA76A4).pdf

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Congratulations Hodgepodge!

“Someone oughta file an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT!” is the oft-heard refrain.

BUT YOU DONE DID IT!

YOU have put Anne Arundel County ON NOTICE.

You demonstrated from the inception of the Task Farce that we know about the MARYLAND OPEN MEETINGS ACT (OMA).

NOW they also know that WE KNOW about the MD OMA COMPLIANCE BOARD, thanks to your official complaint linked in the .pdf in your post above.

It is our first step in our process to require that these gun-owner control law-making scofflaws follow the law.

The RED MOMMIE BRIGADES were obviously discouraged from their natural instinct to be secretive.

They will always try to move their anti-2A planning offline, even when they’ve succeeded in imbedding their RED MOMMIE politics into an AACo .gov entity.

They’ve been reduced to sneaking a planning phone call between two MDA and MPGV sob-sisters.

MOMMIES: Now try it with whole sub-committees of your Task Farce and see how far you get.

The OMA COMPLIANCE BOARD says (in part):

“The County does not dispute that this [planned full subcommittee] conference call was not advertised to the public, and there was no plan to open the conference call to the public.”

:tdown:

Attachments

• 202D0BA2-2AD9-4E03-AF8B-1B710625B6CA.jpg
      202D0BA2-2AD9-4E03-AF8B-1B710625B6CA.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 463
    • F3FC176A-FC45-4E6A-97E5-6B5A0C785E3C.jpg
      F3FC176A-FC45-4E6A-97E5-6B5A0C785E3C.jpg
      44.9 KB · Views: 488
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    There is more breaking news about the AACo GVP Task Farce!

Our sustained criticism of the TASK FARCE has been the TF is only a Democrat Party Front; a means to railroad more gun control against law-abiding citizens, who aren’t shooting each other, like Democrats do daily in AACo and Baltimore.

So AACO Exec Pittman bragged this past weekend that HE led fellow Democrats on a door-knocking charade “in the communities that have been most impacted by gun violence” (which the Capital Gazette identified as “Annapolis public housing”).

These Democrats are claiming they are going to take what they “heard” back to their Task Farce.

Honestly, I think Bishop Charles Carroll has been embarrassed that the TF he was appointed to chair had been hijacked from the git-go by the white suburban Red Mommies to use it in their Democrat gun control jihad against us.

Bishop Carroll knows the Red Mommies don’t care about his community, so he made them go there:

Attachments

• 57C4485F-02C6-4CF5-94C9-DAAEDA0AB9C8.jpg
      57C4485F-02C6-4CF5-94C9-DAAEDA0AB9C8.jpg
      84.9 KB · Views: 461

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    MD State Senator Sarah Elfreth of Anne Arundel County got in on the virtue-signaling.

Senator Sarah was joined by Australian Guest Mayor Gavin Buckley from the City of Annapolis, another sainted Democrat, as Wikipedia notes:

“Gavin was expelled from two Australian high schools, St. Norbert and Belmont Senior High School, for poor attendance;[5][6] he then began working around the world in Scotland, France, and eventually Florida, where he arrived in 1985.[1][5] When he came to Maryland in 1992 by boat, he only had 200 dollars in cash; in the region, he found work as a waiter and farm laborer, among other jobs.[1] He overstayed his initial visa, but was granted amnesty under the Reagan administration through his agricultural work, and was naturalized in 2009.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Buckley

Senator Sarah FB:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=634671213682407&id=257972178018981&anchor_composer=false

Capital Gazette article:

AACo Exec Pittman on guns: “Everybody that I talked to said fewer guns [are needed],” said Pittman, who has launched a gun violence task force to study the issue. “Some said get rid of them altogether.”

https://www.capitalgazette.com/news...0190728-daiwek5amnb3nm3aelorkn5v7i-story.html

:tdown:

Attachments

• 8BFF1476-5CE4-4058-B79A-5A32B84C9F79.jpg
      8BFF1476-5CE4-4058-B79A-5A32B84C9F79.jpg
      99.2 KB · Views: 459

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Wow, the letter didn't even address if the subcommittees are subject to the OMA. It just said since they didn't meet or have a majority attend, we can dispose of the complaint. I wish I could do that at my job.

Here's a question for Deputy County Attorney Lori L. Blair Klasmeier:

Is the sub-committees subject to the OMA? If not, why not?

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Thanks for shedding some light on the subject Deep Lurker!

I'm pretty sure that the Task Farce's report will say: Gunz bad.

And will offer-up nothing that will do anything to reduce the reasons why people commit murder, which, lest we forget, is what "gun violence" is.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    How do we huddle up?

If we aim to have any appreciable impact on this charade we need a medium for formulating a strategy. This forum ISN'T it. We have too many lurking eyes here. A discussion here would be about the same as huddling up in the back of a MDA meeting.

Any suggestions on how we can proceed?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It’s sad that to keep the rights endowed to us under the COTUS, citizens must stoop to the low level tactics of a group so devious as to use the term “mom” in their name. Giving moms everywhere a bad name. Sad attempt to stop violence. Remove some sticks and there will still be stones!

Keep up the good work fellow free citizens.

No, the endowment comes from our creator, COTUS simply guarantees that our government will not make laws counter to the endowment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom