Hateful Snow Drawings at Howard HS (Penis & Swastika)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Somebody outlined a 50’ long snow penis and testicals on the lawn in front of my work the other day. It didnt dawn on me until now that i should have taken a pic and posted it in the seen at work thread :sad20:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    878b6390-0749-4234-abf7-c30dfa48607b_text_hi.gif

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    There were, um drawings on the street signs in Ellicott City as well as I went to Home Depot. Seemed more Middle School vs High School quality artwork, good reflection on the schools :)

Mark

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Losing it over a swastika and a dong? These kids would’ve never lasted five minutes on the old fun interwebs. If you’re too sensitive to last there no wonder they clamor for cradle to grave government nannies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Letter from HCPSS Superintendent.

https://news.hcpss.org/news-posts/2...2l_YqBvc4Ad7CYt94d8tFk_6GQFC4tmgfjL7dRnsmn6Lo

We want to address an incident that occured at Howard High School on Monday. A swastika and male genitalia were created in the snow on the field hockey field. This field is visible to cars driving by on Route 108, and was seen by students and staff arriving to school Tuesday morning. We commend principal Nick Novak and his team on acting quickly to remove the offensive symbols and working with the Howard County Police Department (HCPD) to identify the student involved. While this may not officially be considered a crime, we strongly condemn this act of hate and will hold the responsible person accountable to the extent permitted by our discipline policy.

The actions of a single student unfairly distracts from the work we are doing in our schools and offices to establish inclusive learning environments and build a restorative culture. While we will continue to work with the student who committed these acts in a restorative approach and leverage their actions to become learning opportunities, we cannot stress enough the importance of families talking to their children about the impact of hate symbols and speech. We ask all Howard County families to engage your children in conversations about acceptance of all people and the impact their words and actions can have. Just like we do in our schools, please engage our young people about the importance of practicing civility and being mindful of the impact their actions have on others.

An act like the one at Howard was easily erased by sweeping the snow. However, the impact it had on others cannot be so easily swept away. We are seeing a disturbing trend in Howard County, and across the country, of messages and actions being instigated on various groups of people for no other reason than hate or ignorance of the impact it may have. These acts are not a “prank” or “joke” and HCPSS will continue to work closely with HCPD to hold those who commit these acts responsible to the full extent permitted by law and system policy.

Thank you for your continued partnership in making our schools and community a place where everyone feels safe, welcome and included.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    How would they know it was "one student" :innocent0

I applaud the new age creativity. I mean if it's OK to encourage all LGBTIQA+ acceptance, what's wrong with studying a little history and human biology in the snow? Kids get bored when they close schools for inclement weather. A "teaching moment" for the idiots that run HoCo Education. :)

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I told my daughter to go to the principle, make a giant deal out of this incident, then at the end of her compliant, ask the principle to ban snow...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    How would they know it was "one student" :innocent0

I applaud the new age creativity. I mean if it's OK to encourage all LGBTIQA+ acceptance, what's wrong with studying a little history and human biology in the snow? Kids get bored when they close schools for inclement weather. A "teaching moment" for the idiots that run HoCo Education. :)

I would guess from footprints and/or security cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom