• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Here are the auction pictures. I’ve held this gun in my hands and it is nicer that the pics show. We’ll see ... I love that you can see the remnants of the prior serial number.

7fc6a173e2407124b462040b6d08f1da.jpg

271bff92c63750a8300a9f7acdb9a66a.jpg

fb4434a9bfb580a684f43916e79c38d5.jpg

76706902e23770c320fee568a20b114a.jpg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm not certain what I'm lookin at. I apologize for my ignorance but did this start life as a Russian M91 but was reworked or was it made from the ground up in Finland?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Abulg, I have a 1916 M91 Finnish rework that has the original Russian bluing on it (inside of the receiver is still in the white) and the imperial eagle is intact. Other than the markings, it looks pretty much identical to yours. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. I was planning on selling it but I would rather it go to someone I know.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I'm not certain what I'm lookin at. I apologize for my ignorance but did this start life as a Russian M91 but was reworked or was it made from the ground up in Finland?

This rifle started life as a 3 Line Rifle, Model of 1891. Aka M1891. Finland was sitting on a boatload of them after independence. They decided to repurpose old beat up, worn out rifles by employing an Italian technology of relining/sleeving rifles with new bores. Between 1925 and 1927, Finland re-sleeved about 16,900 M1891s. They were very unimpressed with the results.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Abulg, I have a 1916 M91 Finnish rework that has the original Russian bluing on it (inside of the receiver is still in the white) and the imperial eagle is intact. Other than the markings, it looks pretty much identical to yours. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. I was planning on selling it but I would rather it go to someone I know.

At this point, it would have to be something really special. I have 29 Finnish Mosins so right now I’m only looking for unique ones. But, I do love M1891s, so feel free to send me a PM with pics.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Very nice pick up!! Congrats.
    27's are a little harder to find than the 26's :thumbsup:

The Finn military was originally unimpressed (military politics).
    There's a nice soap opera in there, but long story-short...when wartime came they were used and deemed fine.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Congrats! I've got a bunch of Finn stuff but somehow the P series has eluded me. Saw yours when the catalog went online. Well bought!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I feel bad for the seller. I can’t imagine that it was worth the consignment. I assume that he will get $410 less some consignment fee. The only person who really won here (I guess I won) is the auction company.

That auction was wacky. Some stuff sold for well above what I would ever pay, and vice versa. A pretty nice M91/24 for $556 after premium. It had a horrible Century billboard import mark on the receiver. Someone did walk away with a very nice unrefurbished Soviet SKS for just over 5 Benjamins.

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Nice find. This rifle was at the Chantilly gun show on 9/29/17 and no one bought it. Then it ended up on Proxibid in Norfolk after that.

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Yes. That’s where I first saw it. I almost bought it but I thought he wanted too much and I didn’t really want to spend the money at the Time.

Same seller was at the show this past weekend. Had some decent stuff (1939 dated M27s aren't exactly common), but most of it was priced a little high. Your rifle is right near the end of production, high P27 serial is 16854.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Same seller was at the show this past weekend. Had some decent stuff (1939 dated M27s aren't exactly common), but most of it was priced a little high. Your rifle is right near the end of production, high P27 serial is 16854.

I saw that M27 last year. I overpaid for the Swedish Nagant M1887 that I bought from him, but you just don’t see them come up that often.

I have PDFs of all production numbers for both Civil Guard stuff and Finnish Army stuff if anyone wants them. Just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom