• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Several years ago I used the services of Mike Little, owner of Mid County Gunshop in Preston, MD. He doesn't seem to have a website, and I have no idea if he's still in business. He was an FFL and manufactured suppressors and some other neat stuff.

Nice guy, pretty knowledgeable and helpful. He threaded a barrel for me back in the day. Shop was/is in back of his house and is in the middle of BFE.

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Several years ago I used the services of Mike Little, owner of Mid County Gunshop in Preston, MD. He doesn't seem to have a website, and I have no idea if he's still in business. He was an FFL and manufactured suppressors and some other neat stuff.

Nice guy, pretty knowledgeable and helpful. He threaded a barrel for me back in the day. Shop was/is in back of his house and is in the middle of BFE.
    I believe he's out of business. Tried to contact him about a year ago and his business phone number was disconnected. It's a shame, he was a pretty decent guy to deal with and is only 10 minutes from where I live.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Best gunsmiths specialize so they usually are best in a subset of the overall gunsmith profession. Some specialize by type such as revolvers, pistols, muzzle loaders, evil black rifles, etc. others by individual guns 1911's, M1 Grands, etc. and others by maker Glock's, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, and so on. So to get the best answer you need to say what you want done to what kind of gun.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Best covers a lot of territory. For knowledge and about 50 years experience I would say Gary at Cambridge Gunsmith. Theirs one day of the week he's not open but I forget what it is. You have to ride over there and talk to him. The old man at Messicks store in hardscrabble same way if he's still taking work.

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    RPG Berlin MD. Well really it's ocean pines. Then there was a guy in parsonsburg. Vogeler And Sons Gunworks. Never used either but researched alot before a rifle build.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Here’re 2 more, but you need to decide “ best” or otherwise. Fred’s firearms in tolchester, near rock hall. Pretty much always available cause lives across the street. And a guy in centreville who works out of his house who advertises so he is easy to find. Knowledgable about old guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom