• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I thought PA didn't give non resident permits out ? I have FL which of course only doesn't help me there. Is MD resident required before PA will give you one ? I know my FL isn't good in either PA or SC because its non resident FL.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Except I’m pretty sure a PA permit isn’t valid in Philadelphia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly isn't NYC, as much as they try to be. PA License (LTCF - License To Carry Firearms) is good in Philly; they do have some "special" rules, open carry in Philly requires a LTCF, not in the rest of PA.

And to answer jef955, PA requires out-of-state people to have their home state license first, then you can get the PA LTCF

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I thought PA didn't give non resident permits out ? I have FL which of course only doesn't help me there. Is MD resident required before PA will give you one ? I know my FL isn't good in either PA or SC because its non resident FL.

Home state permit required

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    That is great , i always had to make some adjustments when travelling thru or stopping . I had one small incident happen in SC with a flat tire that is wish i was not left defenseless . I then gave a husband & wife 20.00 just to leave couple weirdos .

Hey buddy, the couple that preys together, stays together

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The number of Md W&C is nowhere it ought to be , but it's more than that .

There hasn't been a PIA result posted here recently , but it's well over 20K , probably approaching 25K .

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I wish it were the other way around. I have the SC carry permit that is not recognized in MD. I think it's good in about 28 other states the last time I checked.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Yes PA issues non-resident if you have your home state. One of the easiest processes to complete for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom