• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I don't see much difference between a coerced surrender under threat of imprisonment for contempt of court, and confiscation.

So you don't see the difference between a court issuing a search and seizure warrant as opposed to the police just rushing into someones house and taking contraband?

One is overseen by a detached, judicial officer (in theory at least), and the other is not. Pretty basic stuff.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    So you don't see the difference between a court issuing a search and seizure warrant as opposed to the police just rushing into someones house and taking contraband?

One is overseen by a detached, judicial officer (in theory at least), and the other is not. Pretty basic stuff.

Sorry. Just to clarify, I was referring to court-ordered confiscation (i.e. seizure warrant), not LEOs acting independently.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    i always had due process concerns about this. I do get some people should nto have guns in some sitautinos but i think the burden should be in the state lik eyou are makeing threats that can be proven anything involving family and spouses can have someone lying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom