• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Shooters,
    Below are the details for our next precision rifle match at Mayberry Game Protective Assoc. Registration is now open. For those of you that have shot with us before not much has changed. You will notice that we have dropped the handgun portions of the match, we are going back to a rifle only match. I will also be posting the course of fire for the match as soon as it is finalized. This is a significant change from the past matches and will level the playing field so to speak in terms of who knows what and how to prepare for it. I expect scores to improve considerably.

Details: Combination of paper, steel, and reactive targets shot at ranges out to 600 yards. Targets will be engaged from various shooting positions and some movement and physical stress may be involved during course of fire. (This is not a benchrest match)

Date & Time: Sunday April 10, 2011
    Check In opens at 8:00 am.
    Mandatory safety briefing 9:00 am.

Entry Fee: $30 per shooter

Mail check for entry fee and your contact information to:
    Steve Dukehart, 308 Royer Rd. Westminster MD, 21158
    Make check payable to MGPA
    You will be contacted when we receive your entry confirm your spot.

Equipment: Centerfire rifle capable of shooting 1 MOA.
    300 Win. Mag. Maximum Caliber Allowed (3100 fps max. velocity for any/all calibers)
    60 rounds match quality ammunition
    Eye and Ear protection
    Empty Chamber Indicator flag (available for $2 if needed)

Optional Equipment: Shooting mat
    Bipod/Rucksack
    Rear bag (sand sock)
    Anything you need to shoot with, but you must carry it for entire match.

Directions: From Westminster MD – Rt. 140 West to Mayberry Rd. Turn right on to Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.
    From Taneytown MD – Rt. 140 East to Mayberry Rd. Turn left on to Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.

Contact info: mayberrymatches@gmail.com

Thanks, hope to see you all at the range.

Steve B.

Last edited:

duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Precision Rifle Matches

Is the name of the game.
    We may have seperate pistol events, but the logistics are just too much. Last year was the only year we did a sidearm, and actually had a lower attendace than the years before.

schmidtb

Oct 17, 2010
    Hagerstown
    get a zero

Will there be any dates for those of us who do not access to a 600 yd range to zero our rifles before the first match?
    Looking forward to the match.......Barry

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Is the name of the game.
    We may have seperate pistol events, but the logistics are just too much. Last year was the only year we did a sidearm, and actually had a lower attendace than the years before.

I am thinking of starting something monthly handgun related at Mayberry but I am still recovering from the team match. Send me a pm if anyone is interested and I will make a list and if it ever starts I will let you know.
    sorry for the highjack Steve.:sign13:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Laura & I would like to shoot this too. :party29::party29:

dr_baer, if you were trying to get your images to show up, use the following board code to display images:

Quote my post and copy this example if you like:

crewdog.gif

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Shooters,
    A couple of items. First we have added a velocity limit to the rifle requirements for the match. In order to protect the steel targets from damage we are limiting all rifles to a maximum muzzle velocity of 3100 fps.

Second, this is the roster as it stands right now.

Marc H
    Tod H
    James B
    David S
    Paul E
    David B
    Matt G
    Oliver L
    Steven H
    Balas C
    Stephen M
    John M
    Mike P
    Brian De
    Tom P Jr
    Tom P Sr
    Steve B
    Ed S
    Laura S

And finally, as promised, the course of fire.

MGPA Precision Rifle Match
    April 10, 2011
    Course of Fire

Stage 1 – CBS
    Each shooter will have a choice of two targets, one at 300 yards or one at 600 yards to fire one cold bore shot. The 300 yard target is worth 10 points, the 600 yard target is worth 25 points.

Stage 2 - Movers
    The shooter will engage a moving silhouette target at 300 yards with a maximum of six rounds. The target will be exposed to the shooter for two passes, one left to right, one right to left.

Stage 3 – Know Your Limitations
    Each shooter will engage a set of six steel targets in decreasing size at 500 yards. Each target has a 10 point value, the shooter can choose to stop firing at any time during the stage and receive the points earned for the targets they have hit. If the shooter fires and misses any target they will earn 0 points for the stage. The firing position will be the rooftop simulator.

Stage 4 – Holdovers
    Each shooter will begin with 12 rounds of ammunition. The shooter must engage a clay bird at 100 yards, and steel targets from 200-600 yards in order from closest to farthest. Each target must be hit before moving on to the next target, with any ammunition remaining the shooter will engage a B27 silhouette target at 600 yards. All shots must be fired using holdovers, no adjustment of the scope is allowed once firing has begun. Score will be 10 points per steel target hit and the total for the shots on the B27 paper target. The firing position will be from a three stepped barricade.

Stage 5 – Sitting
    Shooters will fire 10 rounds for score at a paper silhouette target from the sitting unsupported position. Range to target 400 yards.

Stage 6 – Urban Prone
    Shooters will fire 10 rounds for score at a paper silhouette target from the urban prone position. The rifles muzzle must remain at least 12” behind the 5” x 7” mouse hole. Range to target 200 yards.

Note: All stages will be fired under a time limit.

See you all at the range.

Steve B.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Steve-
    Looks like a great COF. Question: what is the speed of the mover in either FPS or MPH, if that information isn't classified?
    I got a chuckle out of the MV limitations, as I know what that is about ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom