• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Two weeks till the match and we have few spots open. Get your $30 entry to Steve Dukehart, 308 Royer Rd. Westminster MD 21158. No running around the pond this time, but plenty of fun to be had by all. Hope to see you at the range.

Steve B.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    The Mayberry Precision Match involves shooting your rifle out to distances of 600 yards at varying targets or steel. There are usually 4 to 5 stages that differ every match. Steve and Steve have come up with some great stages to challenge your shooting abilities. Some are stages timed. Some use various shooting positions. The match is never the same twice. This year they have also incorporated a pistol stage.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Is there a web site and/or directions? I don't have a tactical scope for my 700 but I'd like to stop in and watch for a bit, perhaps meet some of the folks and get an idea of what level of accuracy is required to be competitive. Just had some major medical expenses for one of my kids so I'm not buying any new toys for a while...

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Are beginners allowed?
    Yes, and encouraged. :thumbsup:
    Would my Glock 19 and Remington 700 in .308 be good to use in this match or are AR15s and the like the norm?
    Your M700 and the Block will be fine. Whatever advantage the AR-15 might provide with timed events may be sacrificed when the ranges get longer and/or wind gets up.
    Is there a web site and/or directions? I don't have a tactical scope for my 700 but I'd like to stop in and watch for a bit, perhaps meet some of the folks and get an idea of what level of accuracy is required to be competitive. Just had some major medical expenses for one of my kids so I'm not buying any new toys for a while...
    The Mayberry GPA site has directions and an overview of the match:http://www.mayberrygpa.com/

I can say for a fact that one can have fun at these matches without being competitive. Just show up and shoot. If you need to borrow a good shooting .308 for the match, send a PM.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I can say for a fact that one can have fun at these matches without being competitive. Just show up and shoot. If you need to borrow a good shooting .308 for the match, send a PM.

Thanks Ed! I will keep it in mind for next time but this one was just shot down (sic). Wife has a trade show that weekend so I'm on child care. Sometimes I hate being domesticated...

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    +1 a varmint AR will be good, but don't try to shoot the match with a carbine and acog :innocent0
    A good AR that shoots 77s or better accurately is capable of winning. Larger bullets are generally more forgiving.
    Not gonna be makin this one folks, little set back on the healing up thing, hope to catch ya at the October match.
    Sorry to hear that T, hope you're healing on schedule tho. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom