• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    The Mayberry Game Protective Association located near Westminster will be holding our first steel match of the year on Sunday April 3, 2016. The match will be a friendly and slower paced match than our precision rifle matches and should offer both a newer shooter and an experienced shooter a challenge. All firing will be prone with support, bipods, tripods, rucksacks, etc. will be permitted. Targets will range in size from one to three MOA and at distances from 200 to 600 yards. The round count will be no more than 45 rounds. Shooters will have three shots to hit each target, the shooter that hits the most targets with the fewest rounds is the winner. Registration opens at 8:00 am the day of the match and the match fee is $30.

30 Cal. Magnum Maximum Caliber
    3100 fps velocity limit
    Scopes must have target turrets or a hold over reticle capable of reaching 600 yards
    Eye/Ear protection required
    Empty Chamber Indicator required

Hope to see you all there.

Steve B.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    can i bring my garand and shoot open sights? :)

note: i doubt I would do very well over 200 yards, but I've never gotten to shoot a rifle over 200 yards before, either

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    A fellow shooter at AGC, told me he was recently at a Mayberry steel shoot, when a bullet ricocheted off of a steel target plate, went straight back over the firing pad and hit the scoreboard behind the firing line.

Did anybody else hear about this event happening at Mayberry?

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    There is no score board behind the firing line at Mayberry so I doubt your friend was at Mayberry. I have been running matches at Mayberry for about the last 8 years and to my knowledge we have never had a ricochet anywhere near the firing line.

Steve B.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Will there be a way to recover your brass or is this a lost brass type match?
    Also, will there be opportunity to shoot 2 different rifles with separate entry fees?
    I'm looking forward to this, never shot this type of format before.

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    The match would be a good introduction to competitive shooting for a newer shooter but they should have data for their rifle and ammo for the full match distance. Any shooter that fails to put their rounds into the backstop/berm will be removed from the match.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom