Are high capacity magazines sold in Delaware?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Since you posted pics of that awesome looking hotrod, I won't pile on; you've got it- "standard capacity" over 10 rounds...

Cabelas is the place in Deleware so I've heard to pickup a few mags. Some people have friends mail order then when they go visit out of state they pick them up. All totally legal, everyone does this and most officers give this advice. Anything else starts getting a debate going about legality, so I avoid it. Also, active/retired LEO are exempt from the greater than 10 round clause. IMHO there shouldn't be any restrictions on magazine capacity, and forcing manufactures/dealers/buyers to work around such an infringement is capricious. The true purpose of such a law it just to make gun ownership for law abiding citizens more difficult, confusing, and onerous. Not everyone who has supported such misguided legislation has ill intent, many are simply naive or have been brain washed by media.

Fact check for yourself (Read John Lotts book "more guns, less crime"), and join us in Annapolis next Tuesday! :)

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Can I buy a long gun with out any trouble at cabelas? Meaning not by doing a transfer to an md ffl?
    Looking for a savage rascal for my son

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Can I buy a long gun with out any trouble at cabelas? Meaning not by doing a transfer to an md ffl?

yeah, cabelas will do that. I think it was WalMart that people were saying would not do it out of state.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

As long as it doesn't come with a magazine greater than 10 rounds that it is boxed with. They were having a "disposal" issue (and misunderstanding of MD law) with said mag. YMMV and this may have changed, but I haven't heard any different.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    As long as it doesn't come with a magazine greater than 10 rounds that it is boxed with. They were having a "disposal" issue (and misunderstanding of MD law) with said mag. YMMV and this may have changed, but I haven't heard any different.

I think they still work it that way.
    I bought a few 22 rifles there, no issues. There was a MD guy trying to buy a mini 14 and the sales monkey said, "Not this one...it comes with a 20 round magazine. We can order the same model with a 5 round mag and then you can buy the 20 rounder over on that shelf." The look on the buyer's face was priceless.

My ears bled from hearing so much stupid. :sad20:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think they still work it that way.
    I bought a few 22 rifles there, no issues. There was a MD guy trying to buy a mini 14 and the sales monkey said, "Not this one...it comes with a 20 round magazine. We can order the same model with a 5 round mag and then you can buy the 20 rounder over on that shelf." The look on the buyer's face was priceless.

My ears bled from hearing so much stupid. :sad20:

I can see where the ignorance comes from. I don't hate the player, I hate the game - MD!

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I actually thought I edited my last reply, but evidently didn't save it...

Anyway...me and a buddy went to Cabela's this morning and was 2/3rd of a wasted trip. I wanted 2 of the 18 round Mec-Gar mags and one 32 round ProMag, but they only had the one Promag, and I found that by accident...:sad20:

So, since it was only about a 45 minute drive for me, I ordered the 2 Mec-Gar mags.

Not a total lost cause since I want to go there again anyway, but would have been nice to get it while I was there.

The problem was on their website, they listed both being in stock, but the sales people said that is the main warehouse not that store...even though I was on the Delaware store page...

32 round Promag worked great.

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    Magazine for sale in Delaware

If you are close to Ocean City or Fenwick Island, Lighthouse Guns & Gear (302) 564-7351 on Rt 54 (Lighthouse rd) has a wide assortment of pistol and rifle mags. They stock over 300 guns and also have accesories and fishing equipment. Give them a try.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you are close to Ocean City or Fenwick Island, Lighthouse Guns & Gear (302) 564-7351 on Rt 54 (Lighthouse rd) has a wide assortment of pistol and rifle mags. They stock over 300 guns and also have accesories and fishing equipment. Give them a try.

I love this place. Our place is around 133rd street and a very easy trip every time we are down OC.
    A lot of good stuff jammed into a small place. YOu can easily find something in there you want.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

I love this place. Our place is around 133rd street and a very easy trip every time we are down OC.
    A lot of good stuff jammed into a small place. YOu can easily find something in there you want.

Thanks for the tip. I won't be in/near OC until the May Car Cruise week.

But now have a destination worth going to, while we're there. :party29:

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    That's the plan. If I can't make it up to Cabela's today or tomorrow, a buddy is going to Harrisburg show Tuesday and said I could tag along...

I'll be going to the NRA mtg in Nashville in April. With a little extra cash, I'll bring a lot of high cap mags a new home. 10 rd mags? A dumb law and worthless.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware

Thanks for posting. I'm still trying to find gun stores here. I have one across the street from me.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I actually thought I edited my last reply, but evidently didn't save it...

Anyway...me and a buddy went to Cabela's this morning and was 2/3rd of a wasted trip. I wanted 2 of the 18 round Mec-Gar mags and one 32 round ProMag, but they only had the one Promag, and I found that by accident...:sad20:

So, since it was only about a 45 minute drive for me, I ordered the 2 Mec-Gar mags.

Not a total lost cause since I want to go there again anyway, but would have been nice to get it while I was there.

The problem was on their website, they listed both being in stock, but the sales people said that is the main warehouse not that store...even though I was on the Delaware store page...

32 round Promag worked great.

Did you stop at X-Ring ? wouldn't of been a wasted trip

ianb1116

Oct 14, 2014
    I'll second the X-Ring vote.

I'm from DE and X-ring, aside from now Cabelas, is the only decent retailer. Millers Gun Shop is ABSURDLY overpriced and their staff is horribly rude. X-Ring guys are very helpful and if they don't have what you need, they'll order it for you. I bought my first rifle from them back in 2010. I go there for all the little odds and ends Cabelas won't have (mags for pistols, small parts, powder).

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Did not go to X Ring. I was not driving and although we did have to make a 2nd trip to Cabelas, they had the Mec-Gar mags I ordered, and had the Ruger 25 round 10/22 mags in stock. Surely didn't save any money, but everything was average priced. They were way high on Ruger MkII mags ($27.99/each), but found some Ruger brand new mags on Ebay for $37.00 a pair w/free shipping.

Definitely NOT taking my car down in May...tired of hauling it down, and all the added expense of doing that, only for it to rain every single time...:envy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom