• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES

We all enjoyed the Mayberry Precision Series of 2012 and the Mason Dixon Sniper Series of 2013. The matches were excellent, well run and challenging with fair and transparent scoring and a great bunch of people to share a firing line with.

“So what’s new?"

The 2014 MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES will consist of five matches. Two qualifiers will be at MGPA in Westminster, MD, two will be at NHRPC in Gap, PA, and the finals match will be the top 20 shooters across the series and shall be held at MGPA.

We are not changing the way the series is tracked but we have reworked the scoring system. Here’s how it works:

There will be four qualifying matches, two at each venue. We will use a maximum of your three highest scores to determine eligibility for the series finale. Individual match winners are automatically qualified for the finale. Shooters must submit scores from both venues to be eligible for the finale. The final standing for the series will be the total of your qualifying match scores and the finale score, you must compete in the finale to be eligible for series awards.

The matches will now be scored on a curve type scoring model. Series points will be determined by dividing your score for the match by the match winner's score.
    Four qualifier matches - you keep your best three scores. You can shoot all four qualifiers and we'll keep your top scores.

Courses of fire are not revealed or known to any competitor before match day. You will get three very different but excellent flavors of matches from Steve, Josh, and Bob who are the match directors. You will also experience very different target presentations. The MGPA matches feature lots of steel, some physical challenges, movers, a huge target variety and clever use of props. The NHRPC matches feature lots of walking and running speed moving targets at all distances, steel out to 637Y, and a vehicle to work stages off of.

Registration / Payment / Cancellation policy: Registration for each match will be $40.00 for all competitors. Online registration will be offered for each match. Pre-payment will not be required. If you sign up, you are agreeing to be there, and to furnish the match fee. If you are a no-show, or cancel within five days of the match you will still owe that match fee at the next series match you want to shoot.

Series Dates:

Mayberry's dates for the series will be July 20 and August 17.

NHRPC’s dates for the series will be April 27 and June 29.

The series final at Mayberry will be September 21.

Registration for the June 29 match at the New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club is open for the first 28 competitors. Registration is full, email mayberrymatches (at) gmail.com to be added to the wait list.

See you at the range.

Steve B.

Last edited:

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    The precision rifle matches are more bolt gun oriented. There will be shooters using gas guns, but most will be shooting bolt actions. The targets tend to be smaller and the round counts for the stages are generally lower. The barricades, rooftops and mover will still be used. Compared to last weekends DMR match there may be physical stress involved too, you got off easy with no running, jumping jacks or push-ups involved.

Steve B

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Steve,

Thanks for organizing this.

While I like the secret COF policy, I think it would be helpful to publish the bounds in which these events take place. Along the lines of: "Targets no smaller than X MOA have to be engaged at distances ranging from Y to Z yards."

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    Would a Zastava M76 be eligible? It's 8mm mauser, 10 round magazine semi-auto with a OEM provided fixed 4x scope. I've upgraded to a fixed 8x scope from East Wave with illumination.

Would a DMR match be better?

Patent Guy

Rifleman
    Sep 1, 2010
    AA County
    New vacancy for wait-listed shooter

MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES
    Registration for the June 29 match at the New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club is open for the first 28 competitors. Registration is full, email mayberrymatches (at) gmail.com to be added to the wait list.
    Steve B.

Steve, I'm registered but can't make it, so please contact the wait list and give someone my spot. I will pay my $40 along with the next event's fee, in accordance with the rules. I'm a noob, so I need to ask, may I pay tomorrow's $40 fee at the next Mason Dixon event if it is at Mayberry? Also, if the next event for me is a DMR shoot, can I pay tomorrow's $40 fee then?
    Sorry I couldn't join you all. Have a great shoot!
    Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom