• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    :thumbsup:
    The other guy involved in the accident is pissed!

For what? Not giving the right away to another boater while he was towing kids?

The "other guy" sounds like a dick. He's actually LUCKY he hit a drunk politician. If that was me (equally as drunk) I'd be off with a slap on the wrist.

People don't get jail time for 1st offense DUI on the roads, why should he on the water?

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    lets see 30 day in well with good time it works out to bout 22,23 days actually inside. donny does that and gets on with his life. couda shoulda woulda if he was a dem orat well it is what it is. and by this time next month its over

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Judges like to make examples of high profile people. It sends a message. You don't hear about DUI cases for regular Joes like us. If you are in the public eye and commit a crime, expect to get a harsher sentence. I also tend to feel that lawmakers in particular should be held to a higher standard. They make the laws, they should be able to follow them. We want exemplary citizens representing us. Do people make mistakes? Absolutely. He will hopefully be a better person because of it. He is being treated for alcoholism, which is a big step. I hope he continues to in treatment.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Judges like to make examples of high profile people. It sends a message. You don't hear about DUI cases for regular Joes like us. If you are in the public eye and commit a crime, expect to get a harsher sentence. I also tend to feel that lawmakers in particular should be held to a higher standard. They make the laws, they should be able to follow them. We want exemplary citizens representing us. Do people make mistakes? Absolutely. He will hopefully be a better person because of it. He is being treated for alcoholism, which is a big step. I hope he continues to in treatment.

This guy gets it...:cool:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    A person commited a crime and was punished for commiting the crime. The letter at the end of his name should make no difference. He got what he deserved.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    First offence. And he wasn't even "at fault"! Anybody else would have gotten PBJ.

What BS! I hope somebody looks at this judge's record on other DWI cases.

I guess you have to be a Democrat to "get out of jail, free" when you are a politician and run afoul of the law in this state.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    While if you break the law you should pay the price, chances are that if I did the same thing and my name was Frosh (God forbid), I’d get a PBJ at most. Probably have to pay an extortion fee for some youth program and get an expungement.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Judges like to make examples of high profile people. It sends a message. You don't hear about DUI cases for regular Joes like us. If you are in the public eye and commit a crime, expect to get a harsher sentence. I also tend to feel that lawmakers in particular should be held to a higher standard. They make the laws, they should be able to follow them. We want exemplary citizens representing us.

I'm totally on board with this.

But then you have Todd Huff getting supervised probation.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...0430_1_huff-lutherville-republican-dui-arrest

It all depends on who you get and how they feel that day!

This what a first offense should look like:

Charge No: 001Description:OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED/
    Statute: Description:
    Amended Date: CJIS Code:MO/PLL:Probable Cause:
    Incident Date From: To: Victim Age:
    Disposition Plea: GUILTY
    Disposition: PBJ UNSUPERVISEDDisposition Date:12/11/1996
    Fine:$100.00Court Costs:$25.00CICF:$0.00
    Amt Suspended: Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
    PBJ EndDate: 12/11/1997Probation End Date:Restitution Amount:$0.00
    Jail Term: Yrs:Mos:Days:
    Suspended Term: Yrs:Mos:Days:
    Credit Time Served:

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    Dwyer admitted to committing a crime and has been up front and accepting of the consequences.
    My question is how can we support one of the most 2A friendly legislators while he does his time?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Dwyer admitted to committing a crime and has been up front and accepting of the consequences.
    My question is how can we support one of the most 2A friendly legislators while he does his time?

http://delegatedwyer.com/ar-15-and-ak-47-gun-raffle-information

Information for the raffle on the right. Straight contributions on the left.

I wouldn't bother buying a raffle ticket, though. I purchased both winners last month, so don't waste your money. ;)

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    In general I'm all for holding lawmakers to a higher standard, because they should have a better understanding of the laws in their area and should be better role models for their constituents. That said, I think a week or a month of weekend detention would have been more then appropriate since he wasn't at fault in the incident.

serth

Aug 14, 2012
    That was not very smart but seems at least admitting to doing something wrong unlike other politicians.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    He gets hit (while drunk) by another boat and gets time?

Says a lot. I don't know if I agree with this harsh of a punishment.

Being drunk means he may not have been able to comply with Rule 2 which would make him at fault. There is no absolute right of way on the water and everyone is required to avoid a collision, if safely able to do so. This starts with having your wits about you.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I know of a drunk driver that killed a man, my friend's brother. im pretty sure he was seen sentenced to probation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom