• ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/House/1387.pdf

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/House/1485.pdf

Rey has probably filed more pro 2A bills in the House than anyone in recent memory.

And yet she voted yay in 1302 in its worst form, caught so much shyte from her constituents she had to call Waugh and asked to try and get it kicked back so she could vote nay

And , according to the final passage board pic I see in the bump stock thread, she voted yay on final passage of the bump stock bill

Just like at work, 100 atAboys get erased by one or two ohshits

Republicans voting as democrats must go

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And yet she voted yay in 1302 in its worst form, caught so much shyte from her constituents she had to call Waugh and asked to try and get it kicked back so she could vote nay

And , according to the final passage board pic I see in the bump stock thread, she voted yay on final passage of the bump stock bill

She voted Nay on final passage of SB707. It's in the link.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    She voted Nay on final passage of SB707. It's in the link.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was looking at the third reader of its house version he 888 where she helped send it to the senate, my mistake but she voted yes before voting no so she’s still a 2a traitor and needs to go

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    The silence from Deb and her office was deafening after her yes votes on these bills. I still have not received and return call or email.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's

Just like at work, it sucks to get judged like that. People make mistakes. The point is she did what she had to do to make it right.

If you only vote for perfect candidates, the only time you will be satisfied is if you run yourself.

Anyway, Deb Rey does not have an establishment supported challenger. Hogan was fine with her votes? The mail from Bailey is just getting more and more repulsive. This whole thing has been very eye opening to how dirty politics is.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Just like at work, it sucks to get judged like that. People make mistakes. The point is she did what she had to do to make it right.

If you only vote for perfect candidates, the only time you will be satisfied is if you run yourself.

Anyway, Deb Rey does not have an establishment supported challenger. Hogan was fine with her votes? The mail from Bailey is just getting more and more repulsive. This whole thing has been very eye opening to how dirty politics is.

Someone is sure spending some big $$$ for Bailey's daily attack mailers and TV spots. I'm actually very happy Waugh is pushing back on Hogan's agenda which seems to be more aligned w/ the demonrats as time goes on. I'd rather have a bulldog rather than a lapdog in Annapolis any time.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

So you think she voted for 1302 in its absolute worst form and then caught shit from southern md and then voted right only after begging the senate to try and kick it back to the House is ok?

Where I work if you cost me money, much less my rights like politicians, I fuggin fire you at that very moment

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Someone is sure spending some big $$$ for Bailey's daily attack mailers and TV spots. I'm actually very happy Waugh is pushing back on Hogan's agenda which seems to be more aligned w/ the demonrats as time goes on. I'd rather have a bulldog rather than a lapdog in Annapolis any time.

I like Waugh. It’s not that he’s anti 2a, it’s that he’s not pro 2a first. He’s more worried about getting re-elected than he is about our rights. He told me he knew he could not go along with the republican leadership and vote for the bumpstock bill because he wouldn’t get re-elected, he said he would be better off doing a tv commercial while shooting a bumpstock as a re-election commercial. Do getting re-elected meant more to him than fighting for our rights

TOM46

Jun 24, 2018
    Bailey is Hogan's mini me. He has a hard time repeating the four buzzwords that someone gave him. Steve is a retired Marine aviator. I have worked with Marine aviators for decades and every one of them was an honest, serious person. Compare the current TV adds an decide which one has a clue.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Bailey is Hogan's mini me. He has a hard time repeating the four buzzwords that someone gave him. Steve is a retired Marine aviator. I have worked with Marine aviators for decades and every one of them was an honest, serious person. Compare the current TV adds an decide which one has a clue.

I like Steve too, but getting re-elected is more important to him than our rights. If folks don’t understand that then that’s on them

TOM46

Jun 24, 2018
    I'm the new guy here and do not want to ignite a firestorm. However, we as a community need to have realistic expectations about what can be done with our borderline Communist state government. Hogan is not perfect, but he is not MOM. If he can't get many 2A friendly things done, why is he crapping on Steve for the same issue. This is a bad copy of a "hurt feelings report". Given the far left makeup of our state government, we can't afford to lose one of our most intelligent senators over a petty pi$$ing contest.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    So Waugh is pro 2A

I like Waugh. It’s not that he’s anti 2a, it’s that he’s not pro 2a first. He’s more worried about getting re-elected than he is about our rights. He told me he knew he could not go along with the republican leadership and vote for the bumpstock bill because he wouldn’t get re-elected, he said he would be better off doing a tv commercial while shooting a bumpstock as a re-election commercial. Do getting re-elected meant more to him than fighting for our rights

I'm confused. Waugh voted against SB 707 aka the bumpstock ban bill as he should have according to http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/senate/0679.pdf

FTR and IMHO, bumpstocks are total BS, and lead to inaccurate fire, BUT, the language used to ban these devices could have far reaching unintended(?) consequences on semi auto arms which is why the bumpstock ban should and was opposed by Waugh. Have I missed something?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm confused. Waugh voted against SB 707 aka the bumpstock ban bill as he should have according to http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/senate/0679.pdf

FTR and IMHO, bumpstocks are total BS, and lead to inaccurate fire, BUT, the language used to ban these devices could have far reaching unintended(?) consequences on semi auto arms which is why the bumpstock ban should and was opposed by Waugh. Have I missed something?

I have no problem with Steve’s vote on the bumpstock bill or 1302.

He has a couple times voted opposing what I thought was right but it wasn’t 2a related

He just doesn’t push hard enough for the 2a and he is more worried about re-election than my rights

His c rating from the nra and Baileys a rating from them along with Baileys opinions on the 2a in md have me more inclined in his direction

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Take any NRA rating w/ a grain of salt

I have no problem with Steve’s vote on the bumpstock bill or 1302.

He has a couple times voted opposing what I thought was right but it wasn’t 2a related

He just doesn’t push hard enough for the 2a and he is more worried about re-election than my rights

His c rating from the nra and Baileys a rating from them along with Baileys opinions on the 2a in md have me more inclined in his direction

The NRA "c" rating w/ no explanation for Waugh and an "A" rating for Bailey who has done zip legislatively stinks to high heaven along with the demonstratively false statements in Bailey's recent mailers. I've spoken with Waugh's Cheif of staff and did some research and he has been one busy senator on our behalf during his rookie term for 2A and other issues given his number of sponsored and co-sponsored bills. Waugh seems to be the anti-establishment candidate w/ a proven track record. The establishment seems to want him gone. Given the nature of MD politics, anyone that they are desperate to replace is a keeper. MMGA.

TOM46

Jun 24, 2018
    Again, I'm the new guy, so cut me some slack. Bailey will do whatever Hogan tells him to do. You will not be finding much original thought there. If you like Hogan's 2A record, you will love Bailey. Just because Bailey says he will do all these wonderful 2A things, ignores the reality of the Democratic control of the legislature. If any candidate promises wonderful things, ask then how, specifically, they will make those wonderful thing happen.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Again, I'm the new guy, so cut me some slack. Bailey will do whatever Hogan tells him to do. You will not be finding much original thought there. If you like Hogan's 2A record, you will love Bailey. Just because Bailey says he will do all these wonderful 2A things, ignores the reality of the Democratic control of the legislature. If any candidate promises wonderful things, ask then how, specifically, they will make those wonderful thing happen.

For a new guy you're pretty well tuned in.

Amazing that the most vocal anti Hogan guy on this thread is all in for his hand picked Senate choice. :shrug:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Out of my district, so I don't really have a horse in this race. But if Hogan and the NRA are endorsing Bailey, after they both hung the 2A community out to dry figuratively, then I'd be inclined to vote for the guy they want out.

F 'em.

TOM46

Jun 24, 2018
    After getting the orange postcard endorsing Bailey, I sent a blister gram to NRA ILS asking them to explain what they were thinking. I encourage everything to do the same. "Someone" gave the NRA some real dishonest informatician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom