• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 16, 2018
    Annapolis
    I hear mixed things about the aimpoint pro. Dont know how to weed out the bad reviews from the good so what are your thoughts on it? Also thinking about an agoc instead. Some people recommended getting a decent 1-4 and leave it on 1x like vudu or the viper ii. Are those good alternatives to a red dot or are they used for conpletely different things? Im not against holographic sights but theres a lot of talk of knock offs. Thanks

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I would say it depends on the application and how much you’re willing to spend. I haven’t heard anything negative about the PRO but it didn’t appeal to me due to the type of battery it uses. But Aimpoint makes a nice product. And from my experience so does Trijicon. With that being said, I have two Aimpoint T2s and had an M4 that I regret selling. I also have two ACOGs as well. I can’t speak to other brands you mentioned.

May 16, 2018
    Annapolis
    The pro was the only aimpoint recommended to me. Some reviews say the “3 year battery life” thing is false since after x amount of time it gets too faded, so it being “always on” is a detriment. Another thing i read said when the pro was still new, it was already using outdated tech. Im pretty much looking for a 4-500 dollar red dot thats actually worth that much. If that doesnt exist then the acog is probably the next option

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Have you considered the Trijicon MRO? The Aimpoint PRO is nice, no complaints and the price was right. I also tried the Aimpoint H-1 and Sig Romeo, again no complaints about either. My favorite though has been the MRO. I like the large controls and large objective.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The pro was the only aimpoint recommended to me. Some reviews say the “3 year battery life” thing is false since after x amount of time it gets too faded, so it being “always on” is a detriment. Another thing i read said when the pro was still new, it was already using outdated tech. Im pretty much looking for a 4-500 dollar red dot thats actually worth that much. If that doesnt exist then the acog is probably the next option

The 3 year battery life isn't false per se. It's visible on the medium setting. If you set it on high the life is reduced. I and most others recommend switching out batteries on all gear at a minimum of once a year and keep the half empties for training/loaning. The technology is old but it is proven and reliable. What do you want to use the optic for?

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    If you plan on really beating the crap out of it then spend the money on an aimpoint. Or if you have money to spend then spend it on an aimpoint. But if you're not jumping out of planes, going swimming, or rappelling down cliff sides you could save money and go with another optic. Aimpoints are nice but overkill for most applications IMO. Sig Romeo is nice, and Vortex makes nice products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom