• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Was at a flea market the other weekend and a man was trying to sell bricks of .22/ $50. I looked at him and said " you know walmart is selling these for $25 ?" His reply was "maybe someone else doesn't know that" :sad20:

Free market, maybe they'll corrode to nothing in the next 1,000 years. :)
    People do dumb things.... listing they have ONE empty brass case of something for trade. :rolleyes: Talk about pack rats.

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Free market, maybe they'll corrode to nothing in the next 1,000 years. :)
    People do dumb things.... listing they have ONE empty brass case of something for trade. :rolleyes: Talk about pack rats.

"Was at a flea market the other weekend and a man was trying to sell bricks of .22/ $50. I looked at him and said " you know walmart is selling these for $25 ?" His reply was "maybe someone else doesn't know that" "

Its called "stick it to 'em" syndrome.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    "Was at a flea market the other weekend and a man was trying to sell bricks of .22/ $50. I looked at him and said " you know walmart is selling these for $25 ?" His reply was "maybe someone else doesn't know that" "

It's his ammo.... but he's married to it unless it dries up again. ;)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

yup, ill bet you he was one of the ones camping out and buying out supplies when the shortage was around. he probably had it for quite some time.

Ill never forget those fukkers that would wait in line with others and buy out their maxed limit (all the remaining boxes in stock a lot of the time) even when their was a few people behind them trying to just get a single box of something. ( that they knew were)

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    yup, ill bet you he was one of the ones camping out and buying out supplies when the shortage was around. he probably had it for quite some time.

Ill never forget those fukkers that would wait in line with others and buy out their maxed limit (all the remaining boxes in stock a lot of the time) even when their was a few people behind them trying to just get a single box of something. ( that they knew were)

Funny thing was he had a brick of the federal gameshok solid points he was only asking $40 for that. I guess HP commands a premium in his mind. He also had several boxes of old 30carbine inside of old army mag pouches on a web belt but I figured that was a lost cause, probly wanted my month's paycheck for that.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

You are probably right. Same thing went on with primers during the Clinton years. One guy at the club was bragging about scalping primers once. I told him he was part of the problem and didn't associate with him much after that. Oh, well...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Although buddies and I made out on some primers in the Clinton years.

One guy moved to Richmond. There was a huge sports store with a very good gun section, including reloading supplies. One day he calls and says, you HAVE to come down.

Seems they got a new young manager, who decided that anything that had been in stock for over X time, needed to be moved. So they marked things down a LOT.

IIRC, they were selling primers for $10 per 1000. And the checkers did not understand CASES, so sold cases of 5000 for, YES $10.

By the time I got there, they mainly had Small Pistol. So I bought a bunch. :D

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Damn. I always hit this thread. I never met the man but I do it to see Mooseman's name. I used to read his posts. RIP.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018

Well I do remember being at both the front and the back of those lines so I guess it equalled out in the end.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I bought another 550 round box from Walmart last night for less than 20 bucks. Yes, I'm hoarding because this isn't going to last forever. The next dictator is right around the corner. :sad20:
    I'll quit when I get about 500,000 stashed.

Yes you are but that's neither a negative descriptor nor behavior and no apology or rationale is necessary. You're amassing amounts in anticipation of possible shortages or price increases. The only people who think hoarding is bad, evil or unconscionable are those who, when those shortages or price increases develop, wish they had but now have to pay higher market prices when they can find product

Hoard (from Oxford Dictionary)
    [hôrd]
    VERB

--amass (money or valued objects) and hide or store away.

synonyms:
    store · store up · stock up on · stockpile · put aside · put by · put away · lay by · lay in · lay up · set aside · stow away · buy up · cache · amass · heap up · pile up · stack up · collect · save · gather · garner · accumulate · husband · squirrel away · put to one side · put away for a rainy day · stash away · salt away

antonyms: squander

And 'Scalping' is the resale of an item at a much higher price by a seller who has a market advantage over a buyer. i.e event tickets are scalped by those with insider connections or access to volumes not available to others then resold at a higher than face value price due to the 'created' shortfall.

Someone who buys lots of ammo when its cheap and plentiful then sells some for a profit when the shortages/price increases happen is a smart and resourceful person who understands Free Market economics and did what everyone else had the chance to do but didn't.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Was at a flea market the other weekend and a man was trying to sell bricks of .22/ $50. I looked at him and said " you know walmart is selling these for $25 ?" His reply was "maybe someone else doesn't know that" :sad20:

Maybe it was the infamous "that's what I paid for it":lol2:

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    WM on Ridge Rd in EC had plenty of 22lr in most flavors. I bought 2 of the 3 remaining 325 rnd Federal Auto Match... I think it's $16.67...

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The big LGS here has .22lr by the pallet. about twice a week they roll out a new pallet from the back. Right now they have crap loads of CCI cosmetic blems (every flavor of CCI) for an average of $17/500. Yes, I'm stocking up on Greentag and Minimag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom