• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Whthershey209

Apr 5, 2018
    Applied on March 30th and everything shows unchecked except for the fee.

I have received my CJIS paperwork in the mail showing that I passed.

I applied 3/29. Only thing checked was the first thing. Received CJIS paperwork this past Friday 4/6. I’m hoping we all get approved the same time if they do in batches

Update 4/11- on 4/10 almost everything is complete except secondary review and CJIS Not sure how long that takes so hoping they clear soon

Update 4/12 active

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Funny thing I just noticed: of the three things that have yet to be approved, one is NICS. The National Instant Check System. It seems sort of strange that the one check that is advertised as Instant, isn't.

I probably shouldn't really care. I know that this will probably finish up sometime next week. And I'm not desperate to go and buy anything at the moment. But I gotta admit that the whole damn process makes me rather grumpy. It's unnecessary. Expensive. Time consuming. Insulting. And clearly (whatever politicians and judges may think/say...) an infringement on natural rights and an enumerated Constitutional Right. But I'm preaching (bitching) to the choir here, aren't I.

So, wait, wait, wait I continue.

NsideZ

Jul 15, 2013
    Applied 4/6/17. Everything was unchecked on the morning of 4/16/17. Active as of 1100 of 4/16/17

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    So, after 4 1/2 years, does anybody know how many active HQLs have been issued? I know there was a count in this thread a couple of times at years end, but I was just curious if anyone knows.

Draco20

Apr 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Finally got around to submitting my app. App submitted on 4/30/18. HQL active on 5/9/18.

Do I have to wait for my card in the mail or can I use my License # to purchase in the meantime?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    So if i remember correctly, anyone who purchased a handgun prior to this dumb law being passed doesn't need an HQL? I'm a retired Marine so I'm exempt from this nonsense.
    Owning a handgun prior to 10/1/2013 exempts you from the training portion of the HQL, but you still need the HQL to purchase a handgun (with a few exceptions, e. g. a C&R handgun).

There is/are exemption(s) to the HQL for Military and LEO (I believe), but I don't know what they are as I do not have an HQL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Actually the statute says owning a Regulated firearm exempts you from the training requirement. That’s why owning a stripper lower also exempts you from the training.

Sorry E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Retired members of the Military are exempt from the HQL.

Honorably discharged members of the military (like me) are only exempt from the training.

See statute 5-117.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom