• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    http://www.wboc.com/story/37577428/delaware-gov-carney-calls-for-a-ban-on-assault-rifles

Democratic Gov. John Carney is calling on Delaware lawmakers to ban the sale of assault-style rifles.

Carney said in a statement Friday that his administration will work with lawmakers to craft legislation prohibiting the sale of such firearms.

Carney says military-style weapons can be used to carry out catastrophic acts of violence and have no place in the hands of civilians.

The GOP here isn't much better.
    Delaware House Republicans issued a response to Carney's proposed ban.

"The proposed assault weapon sales ban is a misguided effort that will only serve to further politically polarize Delawareans with no hope of making any real impact on the desired goal of reducing isolated incidents of mass violence. I instead urge the governor to work in a non-partisan fashion with all the members of the 149th General Assembly to create rational laws that will actually make a difference," said House Minority Leader Danny Short in a sattement.

Short said he and his caucus colleagues generally support a ban on the sale and use of so-called bump-stocks and trigger-crank devices.

Several other gun-control measures already are pending in the legislature, including a ban on bump stocks and legislation allowing authorities to seize firearms from anyone deemed by a mental health professional to pose a potential threat to others.

Short noted that he and his caucus colleagues generally support a ban on bump stocks as well as legislation that would keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous people.

https://news.delaware.gov/2018/02/23/statement-governor-carney-gun-safety-laws/

Feb 28, 2013
    They gots the same problem we do, all the libtards that want this are up the top end.

Folks in Sussex have a good bit of contempt for the ones up north, even more than I got fer Stalag Montgomery if that was possible.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    They gots the same problem we do, all the libtards that want this are up the top end.

Folks in Sussex have a good bit of contempt for the ones up north, even more than I got fer Stalag Montgomery if that was possible.

I see them all in the Eastern part of Sussex, more meters going in than you can shake a stick at.
    Millsboro and Georgetown looks like the front yard of the UN for a Sunday afternoon pig and goat roast.

Feb 28, 2013
    I see them all in the Eastern part of Sussex, more meters going in than you can shake a stick at.
    Millsboro and Georgetown looks like the front yard of the UN for a Sunday afternoon pig and goat roast.

I was at the library in Frankford a coupla years ago deliverin’ paper. Went inside to git somebody to open the back door. I caught part of a purty heated kinda conversation with a gal on the tellyphone who was apparently talkin’ to somebody at a branch up in New Castle somewhere. That thar’s at least one that feels folks in New Castle county look down they noses at ‘em.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I was at the library in Frankford a coupla years ago deliverin’ paper. Went inside to git somebody to open the back door. I caught part of a purty heated kinda conversation with a gal on the tellyphone who was apparently talkin’ to somebody at a branch up in New Castle somewhere. That thar’s at least one that feels folks in New Castle county look down they noses at ‘em.
    I know what you mean but the problem is the majority of local folks don't have the capital to fight or control land use and they are rapidly becoming the minority.
    I think they are the minority now. The good old boy system is going the way of the passenger pigeon.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The Northeastern liberal transplant influence is beginning to run strong in Delaware. I think for a long time Delaware was protected from a lot of the libtard influence by only having three counties of fairly conservative locals, and a relatively huge per capita military community around Dover. But now you have more and more retirees from places like New York and New Jersey moving down there for the beach and the taxes after screwing up their own state.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The Northeastern liberal transplant influence is beginning to run strong in Delaware. I think for a long time Delaware was protected from a lot of the libtard influence by only having three counties of fairly conservative locals, and a relatively huge per capita military community around Dover. But now you have more and more retirees from places like New York and New Jersey moving down there for the beach and the taxes after screwing up their own state.
    That's right! The only hing protecting any locals now is the lack of roads wide enough to fit any more people in.
    It's certainly not electric facilities. Thats already done for the most part.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    A near clone of the FSA 2013 in regards to banned items has been introduced into the Delaware Legislature.

SB163 bans all of the guns already banned in Maryland.

They even cite us:

This Act is based on the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (“FSA”) passed in Maryland in the wake of the tragic slaughtering of children on December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The FSA’s assault weapons ban was upheld as constitutional on February 21, 2017, by the full membership of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, in the case of Kolbe v. Hogan, 849 F.3d 114 (4th Cir. 2017).
    The names Newtown, Aurora, San Bernardino, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Parkland, among others, have become synonymous with tragic killing of innocent, unsuspecting Americans of all ages and backgrounds, amidst a framework of federal and state laws that have permitted the purchase of weapons designed for the battlefield — not for our schools, our theaters, our places of worship, or our homes.
    Safety — both for the general public, as well as members of Delaware's law-enforcement community — is the objective of this Act, as it was for the FSA. And, as with the FSA, a primary goal of this Act is to reduce the availability of assault weapons so that when a criminal acts, he or she does so with a less dangerous weapon and less severe consequences.
    Relying on United States Supreme Court precedent from District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), as well as the holdings of its sister circuits, the full Fourth Circuit concluded that the assault weapons banned by the FSA are not protected by the Second Amendment. The Fourth Circuit was convinced that the banned assault weapons are among those arms that are “like” “M-16 rifles” — “weapons that are most useful in military service” — which the Heller Court singled out as being beyond the Second Amendment’s reach.
    The Fourth Circuit concluded that Maryland had presented extensive uncontroverted evidence demonstrating that the assault weapons outlawed by the FSA are exceptionally lethal weapons of war. The Fourth Circuit also concluded that the evidence showed the difference between the fully automatic and semiautomatic versions of military-style weapons is slight. Further evidence considered by the Fourth Circuit that motivates this Act is as follows:
    (1) Like their fully automatic counterparts, the banned assault weapons are firearms designed for the battlefield, for the soldier to be able to shoot a large number of rounds across a battlefield at a high rate of speed, and that their design results in a capability for lethality — more wounds, more serious, in more victims — far beyond that of other firearms in general, including other semiautomatic guns.
    (2) The banned assault weapons have been used disproportionately to their ownership in mass shootings and the murders of law-enforcement officers.
    (3) The banned assault weapons further pose a heightened risk to civilians in that rounds from assault weapons have the ability to easily penetrate most materials used in standard home construction, car doors, and similar materials, and that criminals armed with the banned assault weapons possess a “military-style advantage” in firefights with law- enforcement officers, as such weapons allow criminals to effectively engage law-enforcement officers from great distances and their rounds easily pass through the soft body armor worn by most law-enforcement officers.
    (4) Although self-defense is a conceivable use of the banned assault weapons, most individuals choose to keep other firearms for that purpose.
    (5) Prohibitions against assault weapons will promote public safety by reducing the availability of those armaments to mass shooters and other criminals, by diminishing their especial threat to law-enforcement officers, and by hindering their unintentional misuse by civilians.
    (6) In many situations, the semiautomatic fire of an assault weapon is more accurate and lethal than the automatic fire.
    Finding this evidence and these conclusions by the Fourth Circuit to be strongly persuasive of the applicable framework of constitutional rights, and firmly believing that promoting the safety of the Delaware public and Delaware law-enforcement is a paramount function of the Delaware General Assembly, Delaware legislators file this Act in the name of public safety and with adherence to core constitutional principles.

Attachments

• SB163.pdf
      106.1 KB · Views: 171

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Townsend even uses the Fourth Circuit ruling to claim that this infringement is allowed.

They even copied the 29 inch length part. WTF

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Patriot Picket, in conjunction with the Second Amendment Institute, is forming up plans to travel to Dover next month for a DE Statehouse 2A Rally to support the good DE 2A folks there.

This “mutual aid” mission is tentatively set for Saturday, April 14th—5 days after Maryland’s Sine Die end to the Legislative session on April 9th.

I will start a separate DE Statehouse Call-To-Action thread when details are firmed up.

This is slated to be an Open Carry AR-15 event.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    THE-BOILING-FROG-SYNDROME...jpg

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    The Patriot Picket, in conjunction with the Second Amendment Institute, is forming up plans to travel to Dover next month for a DE Statehouse 2A Rally to support the good DE 2A folks there.

This “mutual aid” mission is tentatively set for Saturday, April 14th—5 days after Maryland’s Sine Die end to the Legislative session on April 9th.

I will start a separate DE Statehouse Call-To-Action thread when details are firmed up.

This is slated to be an Open Carry AR-15 event.

Rack that's awesome I was hoping someone would jump in and help organize Delawares resistance. Wife and I settle on our new house in Delaware Tuesday and I have been following the goings on very closely, and plan to make my voice heard as soon as I can claim residence.

Feb 28, 2013
    And folks here think they gots a snowball’s chance in Hell of turnin’ Maryland around?

Yeah, I know. Good people gotta stay and defend it ‘n all that, but defendin’ involves GAINS once inna while, not just holdin’ yer position fer years n’ years ‘n gittin’ Stockholm Syndrome a coupla years after gittin’ force fed a shit sammich like we got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom